WhatsApp Messenger is undoubtedly the most popular chatting application for iPhone and Android devices connecting people with their family and friends. Apart from sending messages alone, you can decide to do WhatsApp conference call to connect with a group of people via voice call or video call. WhatsApp conference call is very useful in this aspect because it allows multiple contacts connection at once and maybe use in discussing something important or just to know the well-being of your loved ones.
WhatsApp conference call is available across the different operating system. If you’re having an Android device or an iOS, you can make conference calls. The chat mobile app also supports cross-platform conference calls, which means you can speak with your friends regardless of the OS they are using.
The WhatsApp conference call is a very useful feature for a group of people who do not want to understand how other group calling apps like Google Duo or Zoom can be used to make conference calls. You can easily add a new participant to an existing WhatsApp conference call or start a call with multiple people directly from one of your conference chats.
Now, how can you make a WhatsApp conference call?
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to make a WhatsApp conference call. This simple guide will provide you with the simple steps for Android and iPhone. We have also distinguished parts to let you understand how you can make a conference voice call and conference video call with your contacts using WhatsApp.
Before proceeding with the simple steps, it is very important to note that on WhatsApp conference call, you can only have up to 4 participants at once. This means that you cannot make a conference call with more than 3 of your contacts on WhatsApp on any OS.
How to make conference calls on WhatsApp for Android
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Tap the Calls tab from the bar that includes tabs for Chats and Status.
- Now, hit the call button from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- You will get a list of contacts with whom you can connect through a WhatsApp call.
- Tap the New group call button.
- The mobile app will now let you select up to 3 people from your contacts list with you want to speak through a conference call.
- Now, you will see circles of the contacts that you have selected for your group on top of the list.
- You can then choose between a video and voice conference call by tapping the phone and video camera button, respectively.
At any given time during the conference call, you can add new participants as long as this is within the limit of 4 participants by tapping the contacts icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
How to start a conference call using WhatsApp on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap the Calls section from the bottom bar that includes Status, Calls, Camera, and Chats sections.
- Now, press the call button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- A list will pop-up on your screen that will include all your WhatsApp contacts.
- You will now need to press the New Conference Call button that is available just above your WhatsApp contacts list.
- The mobile app will now provide you with your contacts list where you can select participants for your group call. Just like in the Android device, you can add only up to 3 of your contacts for a conference call.
- Once you have selected your participants for your WhatsApp conference call, you can either make a voice call by tapping the phone button or a video call by tapping the video camera button.
You can, of course, add any additional participants to your conference call until the list reaches 4 participants by tapping the contacts icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
WhatsApp also allows you to make a conference call directly from a group on both Android and iPhone. This can be done by following identical steps on both Android and iPhone. However, the contacts that you want to connect with through a conference call need to be in your contact list.
Steps to make a conference call on WhatsApp for Android and iPhone from within your group
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Select a group from where you want to start the conference call.
- Now, tap the call button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up screen will slide up from the bottom from where you can select the contacts with whom you want to speak on the conference call. You can pick up to 3 participants at once.
- After that, you can select either the video camera button to make a conference video call or the phone button to make a conference audio call.
You can visit Gadget.ndtv to learn more on the new WhatsApp update for the groups that have 4 or fewer members. That update made it easier for users to make conference calls as it allowed a conference audio call simply by tapping the phone button or a conference video call by hitting the video camera button just like how you can make an audio or video call to an individual on WhatsApp.
- YouTube Promotion Services to Get the Results You Want - Sep 18, 2020
- 8 Best Organic YouTube Promotion Tips for Today - Sep 18, 2020
- What Ethereum 2.0 Means for Crypto Investors Today - Sep 16, 2020