The new iOS 13 is the biggest update released by Apple for iPhone update, the new iOS is free to download and use on all compatible iPhone models. The new iOS 13 was released with iPadOS. Not all iPhone will be compatible with the iOS and iPadOS updates, this definitely will make some iPhones and iPads to become obsolete.
This article will show you how to update your iPhone and iPad by downloading and installing the iOS13 and the iPadOS on your iOS devices that are compatible with the iPhone update software. You can install the update directly on your iOS device using a WiFi or through the iTunes using a Mac or a Windows devices.
You need to backup your device before proceeding with the update, you can completely back up your iPhone and iPod using the iTunes or iCloud. We need to give you the list of iOS devices that are compatible with the iOS13 iPhone update.
Devices that are compatible with the iPhone Update
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPod touch 7th Generation
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
You can now proceed to download the iOS13 on your device and install it. We highly recommend that you backup your device before updating.
Follow these steps below for your iPhone update to iOS 13
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update. This will start the process of checking for updates on your device.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Your download will now start. The speed obviously depends on how fast your Internet connection is. Note that this needs Wi-Fi and cannot be done over a mobile data connection.
- When the download is complete, tap Install.
- Tap Agree when you see Apple’s Terms and Conditions.
Alternatively, you can do your iPhone update using the iTune
Once you are able to connect your desktop laptop or computer and your Mac device to the Internet, you can easily do your iPhone update or iPod touch to iOS 13 using the iTunes. Once again, you need to make sure your device is backed up first and then follow the steps below
- If you don’t have iTunes installed on your system, click here to download. Once installed, open iTunes.
- Now, connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer via the charging cable.
- On iTunes, your device’s icon will show up near the top-left. Click that icon. You might have to unlock your device for the icon to show up.
- Click Summary on the left pane in iTunes.
- On the right pane, you will see a button labelled Check for update. Click that.
- Next, click Download and update and follow the on-screen instructions to guide you through the rest of the process.
You can also manually update you iPad using the iPadOS
Before you start the update, set up your iPad to perform automatic backups , or back up your iPad manually. If you did not turn on automatic updates during the initial setup of your iPad, you can go to Settings > General> Software Update> Automatic Updates, then turn on Automatic Updates.
Apple said the lists of iPads listed below are supported by the new iPadOS 13 release
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
Your iPad will automatically install updates using them wirelessly. You will receive a notification before the update. To view the version of iPadOS currently installed, go to Settings> General> Software Update. You can also check for the iPhone update and iPad update and install software updates at any time.
Go to Settings> General> Software update. The screen displays the version of iPadOS currently installed and indicates whether an update is available. You can update the software on your iPod or the iOS software on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad. Strictly following the simple steps above will enable you to download and install iOS 13 on your compatible iPhone or iPod touch.
187 total views, 1 views today
- 5 Omnichannel Marketing Tips to Increase Customer Loyalty - Mar 1, 2021
- Using Law of Attraction to Create Your Personal Wealth - Feb 28, 2021
- 5 Benefits of Hiring a Certified Magento Development Company - Feb 28, 2021