Google Calendar is a free time-management and planning calendar service offered by Google. It was launched in beta version April 13, 2006, in both its web and as app for the Android and Apple iPhone platforms.
The service offers the user several tools for organizing, managing, and tracking time. Itcomes with the package of Google Apps, which has popular apps such as Google Docs, Gmail, and Google Sheets. However, Google Apps are free also for the business version. One of the applications called G Suite comes with email hosting and other attributes that organizations have to pay a monthly fee and multiple service tiers.
Microsoft Outlook 2016 is the best application at one’s disposal, to control all things associated with email. Besides, Outlook is not restricted to just email, you’re permitted to do a lot of things such as merge other web services with the application.
Although, Outlook becomes your new private manager to manage emails, calendars, meetings, events, reminders, and so on. Now, move to a different method to integrate Google Calendar with Outlook.
How to Add New Calendar in Google Calendar?
It’s essential that you have an existing Google calendar with dates. To know how to create a Google Calendar then follow the below steps carefully.
- First, open Google Calendar Web on Desktop
Note: You cannot create a calendar using Google’s Calendar app for Android or iOS.
- After the loading Google Calendar Web version, at the bottom left and tap on the + icon next to Other calendars
- Next, hit Create New Calendar
- Finally, enter the Name, representation for the new Calendar and hit Create Calendar
Note: In this step, you can configure the calendar settings as you like.
- Your new calendar is generated. Now you can set reminders, and represent dates for events
How to Add Google Calendar to Outlook 2019/2016?
To synchronize Google Calendar with multiple versions of Microsoft Outlook including Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, & 2019 first, you have the iCal URL of that Google Calendar you want to sync with the email client.
Copy Google Calendar Address in iCal Format
Follow the below steps to receive the Google Calendar address in iCal format.
- Firstly, tap on the three dots icon mentioned in the calendar
- Now, click on the Settings tab and the sharing option
- Next, scroll the page and find the Integrate Calendar section on-screen
- From this segment, you can get the link for different purposes like accessing a calendar from a web browser, connect the calendar to a web page, open a calendar with the assistance of other applications, and access a calendar from other applications without making it public
- Finally, copy the link to access this calendar from other applications without making it public
Note: If you replicate the first iCal format URL, you should trust the application in which you wish the calendar to be synced.
Now, proceed to any of the methods that are given below.
For syncing Google Calendar with Outlook 2019, 2016, and other versions available, you can perform any of the two available methods.
- First, open Outlook 2019 or 2016
- Secondly, at the bottom left, tap on the Calendar icon
- Then, redirect to the Home tab and tap on the Open Calendar option to expand it
- Next, hit on the From Internet option
- Now, paste the Google Calendar address in the iCal format you copied in the previous section and click OK
- Here, hit the Yes button to confirm
- Finally, as soon as the sync finishes, you are able to see the Google Calendar
The second method is a little bit different from Method 1. However, it comprises the use of Google Calendar address in the iCal format. Go through the below-described steps.
- First, launch Microsoft Outlook
- Then, tap on the File tab > Account Settings
- Now, tap on the Account Settings option
- Next, move to the Internet Calendars tab and hit New
- Here, paste the iCal Google Calendar address and hit Add
- Then, wait for Outlook to collect important information
Note: To stop the sync, tap on the Cancel button.
- Finally, enter a name for your Calendar, Description, and tap OK
Note: Make sure to not change other settings on the screen.
The sync time is dependent on the content of Google Calendar.
These are the manual methods to integrate the calendar with Outlook. Move to the conclusion of this topic. Besides when it comes to Backup Gmail Emails or to migrate Gmail emails directly to Outlook, then you must use Gmail Email Backup Tool.
Summing It Up
We have discussed different methods to add Google calendar to Outlook. Make sure you have to follow the above-described method step-by-step. Missing any of the steps cannot create and integrate the calendar to Outlook. Now, you can choose any of the above methods. We have tried to explain it very easily and precisely. Hope it will work for you.
131 total views, 1 views today
- What is Guests Post in SEO? - Jan 17, 2021
- Using YouTube Marketing to Increase Traffic to Your Website - Jan 16, 2021
- 14 Curious Facts about Gold Value to Make You Rethink - Jan 16, 2021