Another security feature by WhatsApp for its Android and iPhone users is the recent ability by users to add a fingerprint lock to their WhatsApp Messenger. The new features mean that another 3rd party users cannot access the WhatsApp chats without unlocking the app via a fingerprint saved on the phone by the user.
You need a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor for this to work and the latest version of WhatsApp. The Fingerprint feature on WhatsApp for Android works with phones that have a capacitive fingerprint sensor and those that have an in-display fingerprint sensor. In this article, we will describe how to add a fingerprint lock to WhatsApp on Android.
According to Gadgets NDTV, The fingerprint lock feature has been available on WhatsApp for iPhone since February this year, and first appeared in a beta build for WhatsApp’s Android users back in August. Follow the steps below to set up WhatsApp fingerprint lock on your Android smartphone.
Steps to set up fingerprint lock on WhatsApp for Android
Make sure you have installed the WhatsApp latest version 2.19.221 or above by heading over to the WhatsApp page on Google Play. Once that is done, simply follow these steps to secure your WhatsApp chats on Android with fingerprint authentication.
- Open WhatsApp > tap the vertical three dots icon on the top-right and go to Settings.
- Go to Account > Privacy > Fingerprint Lock.
- On the next screen, turn on Unlock with Fingerprint.
- Additionally, you can also set the duration after which you’ll have to use your fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. It can be set to Immediately, After a minute or After 30 minutes.
- Further, you can also choose if you want to show the message content and sender in the notifications or not.
Whenever you open the WhatsApp messenger, depending on the automatic lock duration you’ve set, you will need to apply your fingerprint to unlock the app. And that’s how you can set WhatsApp fingerprint security on your Android smartphone.
Like the Android, WhatsApp also allows biometric lock feature on iPhone. While the iPhone models that support Face ID can use facial recognition to secure that chat messages, the iPhone models with Touch ID can use fingerprint lock. The biometric authentication can be enabled by going to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Privacy > Screen lock.
251 total views, 1 views today
- 7 Best Photo Editing Software for Professionals - May 17, 2021
- Best Wireless Doorbell with Smart Camera Under $100 - May 17, 2021
- 7 Business Success Secrets from Top Entrepreneurs - May 16, 2021