An online business directory website comprises lists of businesses within niche based categories. The businesses can be categorized by niche, location, activity, or size. You may compile the businesses either manually or through an automated online search software. Details provided in a business directory may vary; these include the business name, addresses, telephone numbers, location, contact information, type of service or products the business provides, the number of employees, the served region and any professional associations.
To create your online business directory website, you can use the business directory plugin which is the most popular, widely-installed, versatile, easy-to-use, and the best-supported business directory plugin available. The plugin will increase business interaction on your website, improve your customer retention and add a revenue-generating section to your site.
The business plugin allows you to take any listings you want and build a local directory, directory of business providers, a real estate listings site, a Yellow-Pages style business directory, Yelp-like review sections, create a church directory, build an address book directory and much more. You can add any kind of directory with listings using the business directory plugin.
Features of the Plugin to Create your Online Business Directory Website
- Fully customizable form fields
- Upload images per listing, allow restricted numbers of images based on the fee plan
- Lots of image options: drag and drop image uploads, easy image ordering, primary image settings, thumbnail sizing and more
- Accept payment for listings OR have free listings in your business directory
- Accept payments using Authorize.net (requires Authorize.net account)
- Full support for recurring payments (in most gateways: PayPal, Authorize.net, Stripe)
- Allow for featured/sticky listings for an upgrade fee
- Widgets for Featured, Latest and Random listings. Search widget as well
- Create multiple free plans, which can be assigned to categories for posting
- Built-in CSV import and export
- Support for reCAPTCHA to avoid spam listings
- Sorting options for categories, listings, and front-end for users to choose the sort order
- Users who post can edit listings without access to WP dashboard
- SEO Friendly using Yoast SEO
- Configurable quick-search field and sorting bar for listings
- Advanced search screen with the ability to show/hide fields available for search
- FULL responsive support when installing with a responsive theme
- Multi-language support in your directory with WPML
- Ability to re-skin the directory with a few clicks (directory themes)
- Integrates with popular plugins like Yoast SEO, NavXT Breadcrumbs and WP-PageNavi for easy use
- Images displayed with categories (using the free enhanced categories module)
- Display Category Icons/Allow Parent-Child Category Navigation (using the FREE Enhanced Category Module).
The Business Directory Plugin Additional Features for Premium Subscription
- Rate businesses in your directory (now with Schema.org microformat support) (using the (paid) Ratings Module)
- Display the location of the business (categories, search, details–now with custom map sizes) (using the (paid) Google Maps Module)
- Location-based directory result filtering (using the (paid) Regions Module)
- ZIP code/postal code radius searches supporting a number of countries (using the (paid) ZIP Search Module)
- Assign features to paid or sticky listing plans to give users incentive to upgrade (using the (paid) Featured levels module)
- Allow users to upload PDFs (using the (paid) Attachments Module)
- Manage attachments on directory listings (using the (paid) Attachments module, supports PDF, Text files, images)
- Accept payments using PayPal (using the (paid) PayPal Gateway Module)
- Accept payments using Stripe (using the (paid) Stripe Gateway Module)
- Accept payments using PayFast (using the (paid) PayFast Gateway Module)
- Post claimable listings in your business directory that other users can pay (or not) to claim (using the (paid) Claim Listings Module)
- Ability to offer discount codes based on a % or fixed amount with expirations (using the (paid) Discount Codes Module)
Visit the plugin download page to start creating compelling, thriving online business directory website from scratch in this ridiculously actionable and free 5-part email course. Get a premium module (Enhanced Categories) for free just for signing up.
653 total views, 3 views today