Download AutoCAD 2022 with a 30 Day Free Trial
AutoCAD 2022 offers a free trial version that allows you to test the software. There is also an educational license available for students and teachers. If your trial ends and you don’t belong to an educational institution, you will likely have to pay some money.
You can also check out some of the lighter versions of AutoCAD or choose a program with similar features. We will discuss both options in this article. There are many great AutoCAD alternatives available that are free and worth exploring.
AutoCAD (computer-aided design) software allows architects, engineers and construction professionals to create exact drawings.
AutoCAD allows you to:
- Annotate, draft, and design 2D and 3D geometry with solids, surfaces, or mesh objects.
- Automate tasks such as comparing drawings, counting objects and adding blocks.
- Add-on apps or APIs allow you to customize your workspace.
AutoCAD 2022 was developed by Autodesk. AutoCAD is a 2D/3D commercial computer-aided design software (CAD) that has been around for decades. Many consider it the father of CAD software. It has been available on the desktop since 1982. A mobile version was launched in 2010.
AutoCAD is a versatile tool because of its many features. AutoCAD allows users to create 2D and 3-D models. They can also include solids, surfaces, mesh objects, and a wide range of APIs and add-on apps. AutoCAD can be used in many industries including management, engineering, management, and architecture. It is therefore not surprising that AutoCAD full version is not available for free.
System requirements for AutoCAD 2022 including Specialized Toolsets
System requirements for AutoCAD 2022 including Specialized Toolsets (Windows)
|Operating System||64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10. See Autodesk’s Product Support Lifecycle for support information.|
|Processor||Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor|
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
|Memory||Basic: 8 GB|
Recommended: 16 GB
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:|
1920 x 1080 with True Color
High Resolution & 4K Displays:
Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10 (with capable display card)
|Display Card||Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant|
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 12 compliant
|Disk Space||10.0 GB|
|Network||See Autodesk Network License Manager for Windows|
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework version 4.8 or later|
System requirements for AutoCAD 2022 for Mac
|Operating System||Apple® macOS® Monterey v12 (requires Update 2022.2)|
Apple macOS Big Sur v11
Apple macOS Catalina v10.15
Apple macOS Mojave v10.14
|Model||Basic: Apple Mac Pro® 4.1, MacBook Pro 5.1, iMac® 8.1, Mac mini® 3.1, MacBook Air®, MacBook® 5.1|
Recommended: Apple Mac® models supporting Metal Graphics Engine
Apple Mac models with M series chips are supported under Rosetta 2 mode.
|CPU Type||64-bit Intel CPU|
Recommended: Intel Core i7 or higher
Recommended: 8GB or higher
|Display Resolution||Basic: 1280 x 800 display|
High Resolution: 2880 x 1800 with Retina Display
|Disk Space||4 GB free disk space for download and installation|
|Pointing Device||Apple-compliant Mouse, Apple-compliant Trackpad, Microsoft-compliant mouse|
|Display Card||Recommended: Mac native installed graphics cards|
|Disk Format||APFS, APFS(Encrypted), Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted)|
Additional Requirements for large datasets, point clouds, and 3D modelling
|Memory||8 GB RAM or more|
|Disk Space||6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements|
|Display Card||3840 x 2160 (4K) or greater True Color video display adapter; 4G VRAM or greater; Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater; DirectX-capable workstation-class graphics card.|
AutoCAD 2022 Specialized Toolsets for Windows Only
|AutoCAD Map 3D||Disk Space: 20GB|
Database & FDO Requirements
|AutoCAD Electrical||Disk Space: 20GB|
Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable (x64) (16.0.5044.1000) or later
|AutoCAD Architecture||Disk Space: 20GB|
|AutoCAD MEP||Disk Space: 21GB|
|AutoCAD Plant 3D||Disk Space: 12GB|
|AutoCAD Mechanical||Disk Space: 12GB|
|AutoCAD Raster Design||Disk Space: 1GB|
How to Get AutoCAD 2022 or any other version for a Free Trial
Autodesk offers a 30-day trial for anyone interested in AutoCAD.
- Click to Download a Free Trial
- Choose the version you prefer. Then, click next.
- Please read the System Requirements Notice. Next
- Select the user type that is most suitable for you from the drop-down menu. Choose your language. Click next.
- To create an Autodesk Account, enter your personal information. You can also sign in to an existing Autodesk account.
- Click next to enter your business information, if applicable.
- Click here to download the trial notice
- Start the trial by installing it.
Autodesk offers an educational version of AutoCAD 2022 or lower that is free for students and teachers. It can be run on up to 2 personal devices and lasts 3 years.
Here’s how to access the AutoCAD educational version for free.
- Visit the Autodesk Education Community.
- Select AutoCAD from the available software.
- Register for an Autodesk Account You can also sign in to an existing Autodesk account. If asked, create your Education profile.
- Click Here to Download
- Choose the version you want, as well as your operating system and preferred language.
- Your email address will receive the displayed serial number as well as the product key. Click browser download
- Next, download the free version.
- To unlock the CAD software, enter your serial number and product code.
- Activate the license when you first start the program.
AutoCAD 2022 Free Trial Versions and AutoCAD LT-2022
You might find yourself in a jam after completing the AutoCAD 30-day trial. Let’s suppose you like AutoCAD and decide to continue using it. But, you don’t have the money for the annual $1,775 subscription. Autodesk also offers a reduced version of AutoCAD LT that costs $440 per annum.
You won’t get the same advanced features as the regular AutoCAD version. The main difference is that the Light version does not support 3D modelling or visualization. This in-depth comparison explains the differences between AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD LT. It also identifies whether or not this alternative will meet your design needs.
Download AutoCAD Mobile App
You might prefer to use your tablet or smartphone to design? The AutoCAD Mobile App is a great option. This version of AutoCAD is surprisingly versatile for a smartphone app. AutoCAD Mobile App is $55 per annum and it’s more than a viewer. Open and view DWG files.
You can also view and make precise measurements, view coordinates and zoom in and out of drawings. You can also edit, move, scale, and draw objects. Although it isn’t free, this app is much cheaper than AutoCAD. The app does not have many of the AutoCAD features. The smartphone app is still useful for people who need to view or modify 3D designs while on the move.
AutoCAD 2022 Feature Available
AutoCAD is the most stable and mature CAD software available. This software supports parametric modelling, as you would expect from a cutting-edge CAD tool. This allows users to make significant changes to their designs, by applying rules or constraints that govern their structure.
The entire design can be modified if the numerical value of a constraint changes. Since its 1982 release, AutoCAD has seen a lot of progress since then. AutoCAD now offers industry-specific features, intelligent objects, and is better suited for design and engineering.
AutoCAD 2022 is the latest version of this popular CAD software. It features a lot of new features and improvements to keep it at the top of its class. AutoCAD 2022 features industry-specific toolsets and a better-connected experience across platforms, Autodesk products and new automation like Count.
AutoCAD 2022 also includes the following new features and enhancements
- History drawn
- Xref Compare to compare external references
- Better workflow integration between desktop, mobile, web and web
- Cloud storage connectivity
- The Enhanced Blocks palette allows users to insert blocks using a list that has been recently used with visual galleries.
- Quick measure
- AutoCAD anytime, anywhere allows you to view, create, and edit CAD drawings from any browser via the AutoCAD web app, or the AutoCAD mobile application.
Before you purchase the AutoCAD paid or free trial, please note that the features of Windows and Mac versions are slightly different. This table can be found on Autodesk’s website.
Alternative download source for AutoCAD 2022
Autodesk offers instructions for downloading and installing software for both administrators and individuals. Sign in to your Autodesk Account. Click View Downloads to locate your product. Choose the version, language, and platform you want to download, then select a method of downloading. Visit the Autodesk Knowledge Network for more information.
AutoCAD 2022 offers a 30-day free trial that allows you to test the latest version for a short time. You can cancel your free trial by turning off automatic renewal before the trial ends. The trial will automatically end if you do not have to pay any payment method.
975 total views, 3 views today
- Meet The Popular Electric Tricycle Manufacturer in Sudan - 01/07/2022
- DIY CCTV Security Camera Tips Using Your Old Phones - 30/06/2022
- 10 Facebook Ad Campaign Tips for High Conversion - 30/06/2022