G Suite is a Google Apps for Work you can use to create a custom email address for your business website. The tool is a cloud computing-based software developed by Google which comprises of Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, and Google+ for communication.
G Suite will add enterprise features such as custom email addresses at a domain (@yourcompany.com) with an
Using G Suite to create a custom
email address, you will also get additional business-grade services not included with Google’s free Gmail. The services include
- Custom business email account i.e firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twice the amount of cloud storage across Gmail and Drive,
- 24/7 phone and email support,
- Importation of old emails from legacy environments such as Lotus Notes and Microsoft, cPanel webmails and
- Administrative controls for user accounts.
You don’t need to install the G Suite on your computer, you just need to log in to your G Suite account online which is much like you’d log into your Gmail account.
Requirements to Use G Suite
- Your domain name is what appears after the www. in your website URL.
- If you already have a domain, enter it when you sign up for G Suite. (You’ll be asked to verify that you own the domain.)
- If you don’t have a domain or want to use a different one with G Suite, you can purchase a domain of your choice (if available) from any domain name registrar before proceeding to set up Gsuite account.
There are so many amazing benefits to enjoy when you use G Suite to create a custom email address for your business website at a cheaper entry point of $6 per month per user. A user is defined as one personalized email address (name@yourcompany).
A user can pay for your G Suite subscription using an international credit card. Google accepts payments from Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. OgbongeBlog.com paid for GSuite subscription in Nigeria by making use of its GTBank Naira MasterCard.
If you are interested, you can try GSuite for 14 days. After you sign up for G Suite, you’ll be guided to verify your domain and set up your GSuite account. When you set up your account, you will be required to add GSuite MX Records to your domain via the Zone Editor tool in the cPanel of your web hosting account or via your domain DNS management tool (if you don’t have a website). If you fail to do this, you will not receive emails.
Culled from Ogbonge Blog | GSuite Lets You Create Customized eMail Address Using Gmail Platform