CloudLinux OS is a hosting oriented Linux distributive based on CentOS using the LVE (Lightweight virtual environment) kernel technology that is similar to OpenVZ in some aspects or to other OS-based virtualization technologies. CloudLinux is on a mission to make Linux secure, stable, and profitable.
CloudLinux improves server stability by encapsulating each client in a secure, isolated environment. It means that each user on the server is limited by a number of resources it can use, being placed in a so-called ‘container’ making shared hosting, the most common downtime reason is a single account grabbing most of the shared resources due to the heavy site(-s) or unoptimized script(-s).
CloudLinux OS is the leading platform for multitenancy. It improves server stability, density, and security by isolating each tenant and giving them allocated server resources. This creates an environment that feels more like a virtual server than a shared hosting account. By doing so, CloudLinux OS reduces operating costs and churn rates and increases profitability
The benefits of CloudLinux OS
– Isolates the users from each other to avoid neighbour effect
– Prevents users from seeing configuration files or any other private information
– Allows the monitoring and controlling limits, such as CPU, RAM and I/O usage
– Monitors and operates MySQL usage
– Provides CageFS file system that uniquely encapsulates each customer
– Allows end-users to select PHP versions 5.2-5.6
– Prevents symbolic links attacks
– Compatible with all major control panels
– Make Your Server Stable
– Make Your Server Secure
– Make Your Server Profitable
– Make Your Server High-Performing
To enjoy all the wonderful features of CloudLinux OS for your web hosting, you need to try Namecheap hosting company out since they are hosting all their customers on the CloudLinux OS server especially the shared hosting clients.
The CloudLinux OS is designed especially for servers being used in this way, making the situation where one or several users cause severe load or even hang up the server impossible. CloudLinux includes CageFS, a virtualized file system, a set of tools to contain each user in its own ‘cage’. Each customer has its own fully functional CageFS with all the system files, tools, etc.
CageFS will also cage any scripts execution, so if any executable malware is opened in a different cPanel account, it will not reach the other ones in any way.
Benefits of CageFS:
– Only safe binaries are available to the user
– The user will not see any other users and would have no way to detect the presence of other users & their usernames on the server
– The user will not be able to see server configuration files, such as Apache config ones
– The user will have a limited view of the /proc file system and will not be able to see other users’ processes
CloudLinux OS as the leading platform for multitenancy has improved server stability, density, and security by isolating each tenant and giving them allocated server resources.
This has created an environment that feels more like a virtual server than a shared hosting account. By doing so, CloudLinux OS reduces operating costs and churn rates and increases profitability.
217 total views, 1 views today
- Formatted USB Drive: 2021 Tutorial to Recover Deleted Data - Apr 12, 2021
- UI & UX: Let’s Dig into the Basic & Major Differences - Apr 9, 2021
- 3 Ways Unemployed Can Be Financially Stabilized - Apr 5, 2021