4 Tips to Restore Deleted Text Messages on Android
Accidental deletion is common in our life. It is easy to lose important data from an Android phone due to wrong clicks. If you delete your useful SMS on your Android phone by mistake, is it possible to restore deleted text messages from Android?
Luckily, you have an opportunity to regain your deleted SMS. You can restore it from your backups, use a professional recovery tool, or ask your carrier for help. This post will display the exact steps in different ways today for your SMS recovery. Let’s check it out.
Restore Deleted Text Messages from Android via SMS Backup & Restore
This is a useful Android application for backing up and restoring SMS, MMS, and call logs. You can back up your Android messages to multiple locations, including
- Google Drive
- OneDrive, and
- Local folder
Thus, you can easily restore the backup data to your Android device from these locations. Before starting, please ensure where you have backed up your SMS, and follow the guide to get your deleted text messages back via SMS Backup & Restore:
- Open SMS Backup & Restore on your Android phone or tablet, and tap the “Menu” icon on the top left corner.
- Choose the “Restore” feature and your backup location. It is required to sign in to your account if you choose a cloud option.
- Select the backup file stored in your deleted SMS, and tap the “RESTORE” > “OK” > “YES” icon. Then the app will restore the backup messages to your Android device. Once done, please check your SMS on your Messages app. By the way, if you cannot see it, please restart your phone.
Note: This app cannot restore any data without backup.
Restore Deleted Text Messages from Android Using Google Backup
It is also feasible to recover your SMS from Android with Google Backup. In this case, there are 2 restoring ways. The first one is that you can synchronize messages from backup via the Settings app, which is convenient. However, there is no SMS synchronization feature on some Android devices. If so, you will need to perform a factory reset in advance.
Sync your messages from Google Backup to your Android phone via Settings:
- Access the Settings app, and click the “Accounts” > “Add account” > “Google” icon to log in to your Google account that has your backup SMS.
- Click the account, and tap the “Menu” icon. Finally, hit the “Sync now” option to sync your text messages to your smartphone.
Restore deleted text messages from Google backup to Android via the factory reset:
- To implement the factory reset on Android, you need to go to Settings and search for the “Factory data reset” option. Then tap on it, and view the information on the screen.
- Hit on the “Reset” button, enter your PIN if prompted, and tap the “Delete all” icon. Your phone will reset and reboot.
- Sign in to your Google account during the setup, and select the backup file you want. Then tap the “Restore” icon to begin the process. After that, please finish the setup.
Restore Deleted Text Messages from Android by Asking Your Carrier
You can contact your carrier to retrieve your deleted messages from Android in some situations. In general, your carrier will keep your calling and messaging recordings for some days. You can ring up the official carrier, and consult the details.
Besides, how long the carrier keeps your text messages depends on their company’s policy. Therefore, you’d better contact the carrier as soon as possible. Perhaps you can submit your application online and fast retrieve your deleted messages. Good luck.
Restore Deleted Text Messages from Android with Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
What if you don’t have a backup of your deleted text messages? If so, you can use Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android. This software can recover deleted text messages from Android by scanning your Android phone and SIM card. And there is no backup needed.
Furthermore, its Deep Scan mode can find the messages deleted a long time ago. In addition to text messages, it can recover deleted contacts, documents, call logs, photos, music, and more. If you want to recover your media files from your SD card, it also works.
Here’s how to recover deleted SMS from Android without backup via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android:
Download and install the recovery software on a computer. Then launch it and choose the “Android Recovery” tab.
Connect your Android device to the computer via a data cable, and allow USB debugging on Android. Then the connection will be established, and you can select the “Messages” option on the interface.
Next, choose a scanning mode. It will scan your phone immediately. Then you can preview your deleted messages, and tap the “Recover” icon to save them to the computer.
Note: Rooting is needed when you want to restore deleted text messages from the internal memory of an Android mobile device.
Want to seize the opportunity to restore deleted text messages from Android? Then, you can learn these valid methods in the previous parts. They will assist you in recovery with or without backup. Plus, please back up your precious data in time, which is the most effective and easiest way to protect your data.
148 total views, 1 views today