Which Hair Treatment is Best for Hair Fall?
Do you know that according to research on hair fall, more than 50% of women experience this issue at some in their lives? If you lose a lot of hair, then you must be wondering which hair treatment is best for hair fall?
Well, to know that, you’ll first have to find out the cause of this issue. Let’s look at the causes and hair treatments for hair loss in this blog.
Common Causes of Hair Fall
Here are a few of the most common causes of hair loss in women and men:
- Male-Pattern Baldness: This condition usually affects men and runs through families. Since it is genetic, you can’t prevent it, but hair loss can be delayed.
- Nutrient Deficiencies: Deficiencies of nutrients in the body like iron, zinc, and biotin can lead to hair fall. It can get better once the deficiency of these vitamins is corrected.
- Hormonal Imbalances: The over or underproduction of certain hormones like thyroxine, androgen, and estrogen in the body can also lead to hair fall. Improving hormonal imbalance can fix the issue.
- Stress: Stress caused due to any injury, illness, or surgery can also lead to hair fall. But it usually stops after your body has recovered completely.
- Diseases: Certain diseases and disorders like diabetes or anaemia can also be a reason for hair fall.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy uses many drugs that can damage hair cells along with cancer cells, which is why patients usually lose hair during this procedure.
- Some Medicines: Certain medications like blood thinner/anti-coagulants, antidepressants, birth control pills, and Vitamin A supplements can cause hair fall.
Best Hair Treatment Options for Hair Fall
If you want to know which hair treatment is best for hair fall, then you should check out some of the most effective hair treatment options given below
Medicines for Hair Loss
If you have male-pattern baldness, you can use medications approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for your hair loss. Finasteride and Minoxidil are usually used for this purpose and can be bought over-the-counter. These medicines can be in the form of a liquid, foam, or tablet.
Laser treatments are beneficial for people who can not grow new hair due to inflammation in hair follicles. It reduces this inflammation and is usually used to treat male-pattern baldness or alopecia.
However, laser treatments must be done for several months to see any visible growth, and it can be quite costly. But, on the plus side, it is a painless and effective procedure.
Hair transplant is surgery that takes hair from different part of your scalp and attaches it to the bald spots. It is an expensive procedure and can sometimes lead to scarring or infections. However, the pros are that it is a permanent and effective solution for male-pattern baldness.
Microneedling, while commonly utilized as anti-ageing skin therapy, is also sometimes used to treat hair loss. This procedure can regenerate the health of hair follicles which leads to new hair growth and also thickens thinning hair. It is most commonly used in androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness and alopecia areata.
Normally, the immune system should be combating infections. However, in some hair loss conditions, the immune system attacks the hair follicle, causing hair loss. In these cases, doctors usually use steroid injections to promote hair growth.
They can prevent hair loss by preventing the immune system from attacking the hair follicles. The process can take over six months and is most effective.
Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) Hair Treatment
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy for hair loss is a medical procedure that involves drawing a person’s blood. It is then processed and injected into the scalp. It has worked on many people and can reverse hair loss by encouraging hair growth. But, there is still less evidence regarding the efficiency of this hair treatment for hair loss.
Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Hair Loss
Other than trying any of the hair treatments, you must also make changes in your lifestyle to help your body in preventing hair loss more effectively. You can make the following changes:
Having a healthy diet that provides adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals can prevent hair loss caused by nutrient deficiencies. Make sure to get recommended amounts of iron, protein, zinc, and biotin to promote hair growth.
Stress can also lead to hair fall, according to experts. Therefore, try meditation, therapy, or yoga to stay calm and relaxed.
Do not Use Heat
Don’t use heat to style your hair as it can damage and break it. Your hair also becomes extremely dry and dull by using heat often.
Try Oiling or Hair Masks:
Hair oils like coconut, olive, or castor oil can be great for promoting hair growth and reversing the damage. You can also try hydrating hair masks to strengthen your hair.
Consulting a Doctor for Hair Treatment
It is always better to get expert advice as only a professional can tell you the cause and suggest which hair treatment is best for hair fall in your case. You can get the best hair treatment for hair loss by consulting Online with the best Dermatologists via Marham.
267 total views, 3 views today
- 7 Best Crypto Payment Gateway WordPress Plugins - 21/05/2022
- 5 Best Tips to Get Freelance Laravel Programmer Job - 20/05/2022
- 7 Benefits of Crypto Technology for Medical Recording - 20/05/2022