Microsoft SkyDrive is an online cloud storage and file sharing through the synced folder for small business owners to save their files and photos to OneDrive, view and edit SkyDrive files from any smartphone or tablet with the SkyDrive mobile app. Microsoft SkyDrive works for both Macs and PCs, additional services like settings backup and automatic photo upload are reserved for Windows 8 and Windows Phone users.
You can easily use your phone, tablet, or computer to continue what you started wherever you happen to be. Any changes you make will be updated on all your devices. With SkyDrive online cloud storage business app, you will stay productive when you are off the grid. Small business owners can access their files without being online, which means users can always have their most important files with them.
If something happens to your device, you do not have to worry about losing your files or photos since they are perfectly kept in your OneDrive. And OneDrive is encrypted using SSL. You can also share files, folders, and photos with friends and family. No more large email attachments or thumb drives just send a link via email, text, iMessage, or Facebook.
Benefits of Using Microsoft SkyDrive Online Cloud Storage to Store Files
If you want your files to be available wherever you are and from any device and also want to quickly share those files so others can collaborate with you, lastly, you want to synchronize updates to those files between your devices and the cloud, so that you always have the latest version. You can use the SkyDrive online cloud storage business app to enjoy the benefits listed below.
- Access and update files from anywhere on any device.
- Share photos and files with others.
- View pictures you take with your mobile phone on your Windows phone, iOS, or Android device.
- Manage your business files on the road.
- Collaborate on documents with others at the same time.
- Synchronize files from the cloud service to your desktop and work with them offline.
If you have a lot going on at work, and you like to collaborate with your teammates on important files. However, it’s time-consuming and frustrating trying to email files back and forth and keep track of who has the latest copy. With Office 365, you can collaborate on Office documents, such as PowerPoint presentations and Word documents, from where they’re saved to the cloud.
And, you and your teammates can work on your documents across multiple devices, including Android phones and tablets and iOS devices. Watch the video to see how it works, and then proceed to the first module to get started.
Using Office 365 to Collaborate on Office Documents
How to Use Microsoft SkyDrive Online Cloud Storage Collaborate with Your Staffs
Small business owners can use the SkyDrive online cloud storage business app to share photos, Microsoft Office documents, other files, and entire folders with people. The files and folders you store in OneDrive are private until you decide to share them and you can stop sharing at any time. File sharing is limited in basic or “storage only” OneDrive. Limits reset after 24 hours, but you can upgrade to a Premium subscription to get increased sharing limits and more sharing features.
- Go to the OneDrive website and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Pick the file or folder you want to share by selecting the circle in the upper corner of the item. You can also pick multiple items to share them together.
- Select Share at the top of the page.
- In the Share box that appears, set an expiration date or password if desired, and choose one of the sharing options: Get a link or Email.
- If you do not see the Get a link or Email. options, you’re probably signed in with your work or school account. Click the OneDrive – Business tab near the top of this article to see how to share OneDrive for Business files.
How to Get a Link
Choose this option to share items with lots of people you might not even know personally. For example, you can use these links to post to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, or share in email or IM. Anyone who gets the link can view or edit the item, depending on the permission you set. Keep in mind that the link can also be forwarded and sign-in is not required.
- Select Get a link.
- Choose the type of link you want from the drop-down list above the Get a link button. The link automatically updates when you choose a different option from the drop-down list.
View only: When you share items with this type of link, people can view, copy or download your items without signing in. They can also forward the link to other people.
Edit: When you share items with this type of link, people can edit files, and can add or delete files in a shared folder. Recipients can forward the link, change the list of people sharing the files or folder, and change permissions for recipients. If you’re sharing a folder, people with Edit permissions can copy, move, edit, rename, share, and delete anything in the folder.
- Select Copy to copy the link to your clipboard.
- Paste the link in an email message or wherever else you’re sharing the link. To post the link on a social network, select More and then the icon for the social network. Read more
- Go to the OneDrive website and sign in with your work or school account. If you are not using Office 365? Try Share documents or folders in SharePoint Server.
- Select the file or folder you want to share, and then select Share.
- Enter the names of the people or groups you want to share the file or folder with. You also have the option to add a message.
Optional: Click the dropdown list to change the type of link. The Details pane opens, where you can change who can access the link and whether people can edit the item you’re sharing.
Options for Who would you like this link to work for (options vary based on admin settings)
- Anyone gives access to anyone who receives this link, whether they receive it directly from you or forwarded from someone else. This may include people outside of your organization.
- People in gives everyone in your organization access to the link, whether they receive it directly from you or forwarded from someone else.
- People with existing access can be used by people who already have access to the document or folder. It does not change the permissions on the item. Use this if you just want to send a link to somebody who already has access.
- Specific people gives access only to the people you specify, although other people may already have access. If people forward the sharing invitation, only people who already have access to the item will be able to use the link.
When you’re ready to send the link, click Send. Read more
Another way to share is to get a link to a file or folder that you can copy and paste in a text message or on a website. People you share these links with can also forward your link to others.
Search The Web Here
- How to Use Yoga to Reduce Stress During Exam Time - Jun 5, 2020
- What is Social Feed Aggregation and How it Help in SEO - Jun 5, 2020
- 4 Online PsychiatristConsultation help to Quit Smoking - Jun 4, 2020