The Minecraft education edition is a great tool for learning available free to millions of educators and learners who have valid Office 365 Education software installed on their PC or laptops. This is an educational game-based learning platform that builds STEM skills, unleashes creativity and engages students in collaboration and problem-solving.
Minecraft education edition helps educators meet students where they are and inspires deep, meaningful learning across all subjects. This learning app can be used by anyone as an alternative to a poster, project, or other activity in which they explain or model a topic. Every learner can use it to design, engineer, and model solutions to challenges in Minecraft.
The New Features of Minecraft Education Edition Learning Apps
- Education-specific game features: Tools like the camera, portfolio, and Book and Quill let players capture learning, write stories and export their observations for sharing with others
- Code Builder and the Agent: The Minecraft Agent is your in-game coding companion. Using the built-in code editor, learners can write code to command the Agent do a range of activities in the game while learning coding fundamentals.
- Chemistry: The Chemistry resource pack in Minecraft: Education Edition allows learners to discover the building blocks of matter, combine elements into useful compounds and fun items, and conduct amazing virtual science experiments.
- Lesson Plans: The Minecraft: Education Edition website offers a library of hundreds of lesson plans in Language Arts, Computer Science, Math, Art & Design and History. Many of these lessons have supplementary Minecraft worlds, so students can apply their learning in-game.
Minecraft Education Edition Learning Apps Impacts on Students
This education learning app 3D sandbox environment and block-based mechanics make it an ideal workspace for students to learn mathematical principles and test their ideas. The concepts like area and perimeter, patterns, ratios, and coordinates all come alive when they’re laid out spatially and can be manipulated with the click of the mouse.
Learning with a Minecraft game that students know and love also helps keep them engaged and energized. Most teachers who have the Minecraft education edition learning app immediately perceived the benefits since they saw how enthusiastic their students were to use this education learning tool in the classroom.
Minecraft education edition is a great way to synthesize understanding of maths concepts, engage all students, and provide open-ended activities to cater to all learning levels.” Perhaps most importantly, teachers expressed the belief that the Minecraft education learning app can cater to different types of learners, making it possible to scaffold for students who need more support.
If you’re a Math teacher willing to bring your subject alive in Minecraft’s game-based learning environment, we encourage you to check out the Math Subject Kit. It’s brimming with lessons, curriculum guides, and resources to support your teaching. If you’re new to Minecraft education edition you can take the first steps toward using this game-based learning tool for your students.
How to Minecraft: Education Edition Support Learning
- Supports deep and meaningful student-led learning that builds confidence and keeps students engaged.
- Standards-aligned lessons and curriculum drive learning outcomes in subjects including science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), history and language arts.
- Supports virtual learning experiences that directly link to and expand on the subjects being taught in the classroom.
- Encourages collaboration, empathy and communication, helping students build critical social-emotional skills
- Promotes key 21st-century skills that prepare students for the future workplace including creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking.
Minecraft Education Edition Parental Guide
This learning app is regarded as one of the most influential games of all time, with millions of players, spin-off games and even an annual convention. This informative guide will lay out all you need to know about the Minecraft Education Edition game so you can be confident that you know exactly what your child is doing online and that they are safe and having fun either on their own or with online friends.
While most video games have some kind of plot or even an objective, such as rescuing a princess in Mario, defeating the ‘bad guys, or even running a farm in more peaceful games such as Stardew Valley, Minecraft Education Edition is unique in the fact that it doesn’t have a plot.
Minecraft Education Edition learning app is a survival experience, with your character having a basic health bar that can take damage from falling, being attacked by randomly generated enemies or even by forgetting to eat. Minecraft learning app is typically recommended for ages 8 and up, being a game that isn’t overly violent or even that difficult to learn how to use. In fact, for many children, it was one of their first video game experiences online. Is Minecraft safe for kids?
Minecraft: Education Edition Learning App Installation Guides
You don’t have to be an expert Minecraft player to start learning Minecraft Education Edition. You can start by downloading the app and exploring free online tutorials, lessons, and support resources for learning with Minecraft. The learning app is available for Windows, Mac, or iPad.
Like I said earlier. this learning app is available free to millions of educators and learners who have valid Office 365 Education accounts through June 2020. But, if you’re not eligible, you may still download Minecraft: Education Edition and complete the log-in free Hour of Code lesson at no charge.
123 total views, 3 views today