How to block someone from adding you to a WhatsApp group
WhatsApp group is a very popular feature for keeping in touch with your friends and family worldwide. In order to make things simple WhatsApp earlier used to allow anyone to add anybody to any WhatsApp group, as long as they had the other person’s contact number.
This feature has led to the massive issue of random people adding others to random WhatsApp group. After a lot of user feedback, WhatsApp has decided to fix the problem by giving privacy settings to deter users from randomly adding others to WhatsApp group.
Recently, WhatsApp rolled out the group privacy settings to everyone. The new group privacy settings on WhatsApp are available on both Android and iPhone. Here’s how you can enable these settings on your smartphone.
How to block people from adding you to WhatsApp Group
Before you can activate this setting on your smartphone, you must make sure that you have installed the latest version of the WhatsApp on your device. For Android, the latest version is 2.19.308 and for iPhone, it is 2.19.112.
You can easily update your WhatsApp by going to the respective WhatsApp pages on both the Google Play Store for Android and the App Store for iPhone. With that out of the way, just follow these steps.
Follow the steps below if your WhatsApp has been updated
If you are an Android user, follow these steps to stop people from adding you to the WhatsApp group without permission.
- Open your WhatsApp on your smartphone and tap the vertical three-dots icon on the top-right.
- Next, tap Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Tap Groups and select one of the three given options; Everyone, My Contacts, or My Contacts Except.
- If you select Everyone, anyone can add you to groups.
- Selecting My Contacts only allows your contacts to add you to WhatsApp group.
- Finally, the third option My Contacts Except lets you allow only selected people to add you to WhatsApp groups.
- You can either select contacts one by one or you can even select all contacts by tapping on the Select All icon on the top-right.
- These people will be prompted to send you the group invite through a private chat. You will then have three days to accept or deny the request for joining the group before it expires.
How to activate the feature on iPhone to someone from adding to WhatsApp group
If you use WhatsApp on iPhone, here’s how you can stop others from adding you to WhatsApp groups
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and on the bottom bar, tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Privacy > Groups.
- On the next screen, select one of the three given options; Everyone, My Contacts and My Contacts Except. Over here as well you can select contacts one by one or you can just select all the contacts by tapping the Select All button on the bottom right.
You can visit Gadgets NDTV for more detailed tutorials.
943 total views, 5 views today
- What are the Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms - 07/12/2021
- What is Halitosis (Bad Breath) Causes and Symptoms - 07/12/2021
- Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure and Hypertension - 07/12/2021