How Mohamed Salah Broke 7 Records Against Man United
Mohamed Salah is an African player of Egypt origin born on 15 June 1992 playing for Liverpool Football Club as a forward in the English Premier League and captains the Egypt national team. He is known for his finishing, dribbling, and speed. Mohamed Salah started his senior career in football with Egyptian club Al Mokawloon, and depart shortly thereafter to join Basel FC a Swiss football club for an undisclosed fee.
While In Switzerland, his performances attracted Chelsea football club a Premier League side who signed him in 2014 for a reported fee of £11 million. However, Salah was used sparingly in his debut season and was allowed to leave on loan to Fiorentina FC a Serie A club and Roma later eventually signed him permanently for €15 million.
Following Mohamed Salah role in helping Roma to a second-place finish in Seria A and a club record points tally in 2017, he returned to English Premier League to sign for Liverpool FC for a then club-record fee of £36.9 million.
Mohamed Salah adapted his game from a natural winger to an attacking strike in his second spell in English Premier League. During the second debut in England, Salah netted 32 goals in 36 league games, winning the Premier League Golden Boot and breaking the Premier League scoring record for a 38-game season.
Salah’s performances earned him several individual accolades, including the PFA Players’ Player of the Year. Salah also came third in the 2018 Best FIFA Men’s Player award. The following season, he finished as the Premier League’s joint-top goalscorer and helped Liverpool Football Club to win the 2018–19 UEFA Champions League, scoring in the final.
In Salah third season at Football FC, he helped the team win the 2019–20 Premier League, which ended the club’s 30-year league title drought.
4 Records broke By Mohamed Salah Playing Against Man United
- In English Premier League, Mohamed Salah now has 107 goals, overtaking former Blues team-mate Didier Drogba (105) to the record of top-scoring African player in history.
- Mohamed Salah has now scored 15 goals in just 10 games in all competitions this season, adding 5 assists – an average of exactly 2 goal involvements per game.
- He became the first Premier League player in history to score an away hat trick against Manchester United at Old Trafford since Brazil legend Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima in the 2002-03 Champions League for Real Madrid.
- Mohamed Salah is also the first Liverpool FC player to score in 10 straight games in all competitions.
- Salah is also the first Liverpool FC ace to find the back of the net in 3 straight games at Manchester United Old Trafford.
- Mohamed Salah became the first Liverpool FC player to score 5 consecutive away games since 1902
Mohamed Salah’s Appearances and goals by club, season and competition
Mohamed Salah Record at International Level
At the international level, Mohamed Salah represented Egypt at the youth level before making his senior debut in 2011. Following Salah’s performances at the 2012 Summer Olympics, he was named CAF Most Promising African Talent of the Year.
Since then, Mohamed Salah has helped the Egyptian team reach the final of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, and was the top scorer during CAF qualification to help the team qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Mohamed Salah has been named the CAF African Footballer of the Year (2017 and 2018), BBC African Footballer of the Year (2017 and 2018), and Salah was selected in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Team of the Tournament and the CAF Team of the Year on several occasions.
Salah is a wide football player, he has been used in a more central position by Jogen Klopp on occasion, Salah is capable of scoring a variety of goals, from spectacular long-range efforts to poacher’s finishes, as well as creating them too. Liverpool is now the second team in English Premier League history to win consecutive away games by a margin of 5+ goals without conceding themselves after Manchester United in February/March 1960.
319 total views, 1 views today