Pay-per-click advertising (PPC Advertising) is often used interchangeably with cost-per-click (CPC) but there is a difference between them. This type of advertising is used to target potential buyers by displaying an ad.
Different platforms (e.g. Google, Facebook, Amazon) use the PPC model but we are going to discuss Google here. But a million-dollar question is; what PPC advertising is and how do you do PPC advertising?
This article explains what PPC ads are and how PPC experts normally do PPC advertising. Continue reading if you want to use pay-per-click advertising to grow your business fast.
What Is PPC Advertising Model?
Print media (such as newspapers, magazines) and electronic media (such as TV and radio) use different types of costing methods but charging to customers has been different in online or internet media.
Here, one of the most successful models to charge for advertisement is pay-per-click (PPC) or cost per click (CPC). Many famous platforms (e.g. Google, Facebook, Amazon) use this type of advertising model.
Let’s discuss how Google’s PPC advertising work
What Is Google Ads (or AdWords)?
Google Ads is world-famous and one of the most successful products of Google (a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.). It was previously known as AdWords; it offers different ways to advertise hundreds of millions of unique audiences all over the world.
This tool has made it possible to show targeted ads to the most relevant audience. This single advertising service from Google helps businesses generate billions of worth revenue by displaying ads against specific keywords or search phrases. How do you do PPC advertising?
What factors determine the success of PPC ads? According to WordStream; “while the number of factors determines how successful your PPC advertising campaign will be, you can achieve a lot by focusing on:”
- Keyword Relevance: the search phrase or keyword you are targeting must be relevant to the ad and landing page you have created.
- Landing Page Quality: the landing page you have created for your PPC campaign should have relevant information and clear call-to-action.
- Quality Score – Quality Score is assigned by Google based on your ad and landing page’s relevance to the targeting keyword or keywords.
- Creative: You ad may only have text in search ads but your display ad can have attractive images and animations to grab your user’s attention.
What are some notable industries having expensive keywords/search phrases? According to famous online advertising service WordStream, the following keywords are the most expensive in Google Ads:
Google Ad Policies and Prohibited Item
There is a long list of items that you cannot sell using any type of Google Ads. Google does not publish any list of prohibited items but there are general guidelines that must be kept in mind while advertising on Google. In this section, we will go through the ad policies of Google.
- Counterfeit goods
- Inappropriate content
- Enabling dishonest behavior
- Dangerous products or services
- Data collection and use
- Abusing the ad network
Restricted Content and Features
- Adult content
- Political content
- Financial services
- Gambling and games
- Healthcare and medicines
- Legal requirements must be fulfilled
- Different other restricted businesses
Moreover, their requirements must be fulfilled to show kids content.
Editorial and Technical Requirements
- Editorial requirements need to be followed
- Destination requirements need to be followed
- Technical requirements need to be followed
- Ad format requirements need to be followed
Starting PPC Advertising The Right Way
You have read the right way to start and run PPC ad campaigns. In the end, we can conclude that PPC ads can be used by individuals and businesses to boost their business. It is important to set up and run these campaigns by following the best practice.
When are you going to start PPC advertising? Do you need a PPC ads expert’s help in this? If you do not know how to do it, do not worry anymore because professionals are ready to help you. Get in touch with a specialist, start pay-per-click advertising, and grow your business.
All the best with your business growth endeavors.