If Mozilla Thunderbird is a part of your daily communication routine or you want to open Thunderbird email in PST, then this post is going to benefit you. I am confident that after reading this post you will not need any other technical information or advice.
Because, this post is successful in converting Thunderbird mailbox data to Outlook 2019, 2016, and other earlier versions. Before converting, know about Thunderbird and Outlook as to why data transfer from Thunderbird to PST becomes necessary.
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source email service that any user can install on their system (Mac, Windows, and Linux). It has many add-ons and features for managing email data, with the help of which a user can organize their mailboxes.
By default, Thunderbird saves the data in the MBOX file (in a hidden form), but the user can also save the data in Maildir instead of MBOX by changing the settings. In both circumstances, only the email and attachments are available to the user in this file.
Importance of Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is a new and convenient feature-rich email client that uses a PST file to save data and also import data in the same format. In this, email, contact, calendar, etc. are all in the same file, but can also be exported separately depending on the requirement.
Apart from this, it also has two other features that make it different from other email clients. First – it provides management of data with Exchange Server so that any objectionable situation can be detected by admin. Secondly – Outlook applications can also be run on Windows and Android phones which makes data access easy.
How to export multiple Thunderbird emails to Outlook?
After reading the above paragraph, you will have fully understood the need for MS Outlook and the status of conversion. So if you are also in this situation, then you can export Thunderbird email to PST by any one of the methods given below.
First manual method
For this method, you need to have a Gmail account so that you can convert data from Thunderbird MBOX to PST in two steps.
- Go to Gmail account and click on the gear button >> press “See All Settings” – Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab >> Enable IMAP Access and save.
- Find and enable “Less Secure App” in the new tab.
- Go to Thunderbird >> Set up an email account >> Fill in account details and click on continue.
- If all is well, your account will be connected to Thunderbird. If this is not the case, click on Manual Configure.
- Check port number >> IMAP – 993, SMTP – 587 then click on re-test.
After being successful, go to Thunderbird and create a new folder under the newly configured Gmail account and drag & drop your Thunderbird email to them.
- Open MS Outlook – File tab – Click on Add account
- Enter same Gmail account detail >> Select Advanced options >> check “Let me set up my account manually”
- Select IMAP –
- Incoming mail: imap.gmail.com, Port: 993
- Outgoing mail: smtp.gmail.com, Port: 587
- Next and fill the Gmail account detail
- Once it says “Account Successfully Added” then hit on Done button.
Second Manual Method
We can also export Thunderbird email data to an EML file and then import it to Outlook with the help of OE.
- Create a new folder and drag & drop all TB data in EML file format.
- Install Outlook express and configure it.
- Again drag & drop the EML file to Outlook express.
- Go to file >> Export >> Export Messages
- Choose Microsoft Exchange >> Select EML file contain folder >> Click on continue.
It takes some time according to the mailbox size so waits until it is finished.
Why is the manual methodology not successful?
After following the above steps, Thunderbird emails can be easily moved to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and other earlier versions. But due to some flaws here, users prefer to adopt the direct method.
- The first method requires a strong Internet connection.
- You cannot export bulk mailboxes from Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Both methods are useless with TB’s Maildir files.
- Does not maintain folder structure.
- Possibility of images being broken
Direct Method of migrating Thunderbird emails to Outlook 2019
If you can open Thunderbird data in Outlook by the above method then it is quite a good thing, but if it is not, then third-party solutions can solve your problem in a pinch.
MailsDaddy Thunderbird email to Outlook Converter is a successful and notable solution that has the properties of converting both Thunderbird MBOX and Maildir files, so you will not need any other solution for Maildir. It converts the data to single, bulk, and selected, while also maintaining the folder structure. This Thunderbird to PST software supports running and other earlier versions of Windows.
Closing Word Here I have provided all the information related to “How to export multiple Thunderbird emails to Outlook 2019?”. Any newbie user can convert TB mailbox to PST after reading this post. You can also test MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook converter free demo and change 20 emails per mailbox.
785 total views, 1 views today