The lower back is a sensitive area for many people. While there can be many reasons for lower back pain. One of the reasons is that sitting all day and sitting in bad posture from above. Because nowadays people have got used to living a luxurious lifestyle.
People have given up walking completely if you want to go even a little far, then you have to go on a bike or car. Yoga is great for helping with waist flexibility, core stability, and breathing. Although it is safe to do yoga every day, I also do yoga every day.
But according to the composition of your body, you can do yoga, you can do it even after leaving a day. Don’t do anything that will make your problem worse. Do not stretch in case of pain. Pain is what our body tells us that something is wrong.
If you have ever had an injury to your lower back, problems with your discs, or if the pain lasts for more than 72 hours without improvement, you must see a doctor before doing any yoga poses. If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India.
Reasons for Backache
Sitting all day weakens our core and the muscles of the hips also pull on the lower part of the waist, causing pain and discomfort in the lower back.
However, it is always important to find out what is causing the pain so that you can first understand it and prevent it from happening again. But in most cases, doing a few simple yoga poses can help relieve tightness and give your lower back some relief.
Yogasanas for back pain
If you have general pain or stiffness and discomfort in your lower back, that is, you are worth trying some yoga asanas. For relief from lower back pain, I will tell you about some easy yoga asanas, which will benefit you to a great extent. Let us know about those yoga asanas.
Margariasana | Cat/Cow Pose
This asana is very beneficial for back pain. It promotes mobility in the spine and is able to relieve any tension in the lower back. This asana helps to massage the spine while stretching the waist and torso.
- To do this, get on your hands and knees in a tabletop position.
- Take a slow breath and as you exhale, round your spine and push your head towards the floor.
- Now while inhaling, raise your head, chest, and tail upwards.
- Do this for 1 minute in the beginning.
Adhomukhasvanasana. Downward Facing Dog
Tightness in our thighs also causes pain in the lower back. The downward pose is a good way to work out your hamstrings and calves. If you feel too tight, you can bend your knees slightly to make the stretch more comfortable.
- Balasan | Get into the child pose position and then lift your butt.
- Extend your fingers, making an emphasis on straightening your legs and lowering your heels towards the ground.
- Keep your head in a comfortable position between your arms and look towards your stomach.
- Keep breathing regularly.
- Stay in this position for one to three minutes.
Balasan | Child Pose
Balasana lengthens and aligns your spine thereby taking pressure off your lower back and giving you a good stretch.
- First of all, sit on the heels, that is, you keep your hips on the heels.
- Now tilt your forehead towards the ground and take deep breaths.
- Then, keeping both hands close to the body, place your hands on the ground.
- Now relax both your elbows and then bring your hands backwards and touch them with the thigh
- Keeping the forehead on the ground, keep breathing slowly.
- Stay in this position for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly exhale and come back to the normal position.
Uttanasana | Standing Forward Bend
This asana also stretches the thighs and hips and elongates the spine and gives relief to the lower back.
- To do this yoga asana, stand straight in a flat place.
- Slowly inhaling and bending the waist, come down and try to touch the soles of the feet with your hands.
- Keep in mind that during this keep the knees straight.
- In the beginning, you may not be able to touch the soles of the feet, so do not force, bend as much as you can.
- After regular practice, you will be able to touch your soles.
- In this position, stop for as long as you can comfortably.
Bhujangasana | Cobra Pose
If there is a pain in the lower back then this asana is very beneficial. By doing this regularly, the problem of lower back pain gets relieved because by doing it the direct pressure falls on the lower part of the waist.
- First of all, lie down on a mat or blanket in the position of Makarasan.
- After that keep both the feet at a distance and keep the palm beside the chest and not near the shoulders.
- Then while breathing slowly, raise the upper part of the body, stay in this position for some time.
- Then exhale and come back to the normal position.
- Take a rest in Makarasana for some time.
Merkatasana | Monkey Yoga Pose
It is an effective yoga practice for chronic back pain and slips discs. It strengthens the lower part of the waist and also makes it flexible.
- First of all, lie down on your waist. Bend the knees bringing your feet near the hips.
- Keep your hands parallel to the shoulders.
- Now bend the legs to the right.
- Kneel on the knee, the heel on the heel, and paw on the paw, and turn the neck to the left.
- Do exactly the same from the other side as well.
- Let the breathing go normal.
- Do this 10-15 times initially.
Most frequently asked questions
How should I sleep to relieve low back pain?
If the back pain is getting more then you should lie down straight and keep a pillow under your buttocks. This will make you feel comfortable. Sleeping on the left side and with pillows on both knees also gives relief.
Is walking good for back pain?
See if the pain is too much then you will not be able to walk. Yes, if you keep your body in motion, then heat will come in it, due to which the blood flow will be good in the muscles. Which will cure your back pain.
What not to do with lower back pain?
Do not sit on the sofa too low. One should not sleep on a very soft mattress. Never get up with a jolt. One should not lift anything heavy.
These yoga asanas are very useful for curing lower back pain, I can say this with confidence because I had told this yoga asana to my father who often had a lot of pain in the lower back. Whoever went to the doctor, used to just take pain killers, due to which the pain was cured for a few days, but after the effect of the medicine was over, the pain started again.
If you want to keep your body healthy as well as willing to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 300 yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India
1,013 total views, 3 views today