Employee self service is the use of employee information technology systems to enhance work process improvement. In this system, employees can share data and information with one another. Through communication methods such as emails, text messages and phone calls, these workers can also respond to the other employees in a timely manner. It is generally done through a document management system or an accounting system.
In employee self service, there are many benefits for a company that provides it. It can help improve productivity and overall productivity, which will ultimately result in higher sales. It is also quite a motivating aspect to the company and therefore, employees will be more willing to take part in it. The speed and convenience that it allows are one of the major benefits.
An employee self service document management system can be implemented in several ways
The self service document management system is the use of a computer system and software to store, manage and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper-based information captured through the use of a document scanner.
Paper documents can be hard to manage as they are store in those filing cabinets located in a central filing section or in departments, which eventually consumes a lot of physical space based on the count of employees and as years pass by, the demand for more space increases only.
The electronic documents can be stored in local desktop computers of each user or within central servers or dedicated storage facilities in a networked system. The electronic document management system is hassle-free when compared to filing paper documents.
What is paper document management in employee self service
There are 5 basic steps involved in filing paper document copies. Each process explained below is important and are to be performed mandatorily for recording files successfully and to track those in the future for references.
- Conditioning: Removing all pins, brads, and paper clips; Stapling related papers together;Attaching clippings or items smaller than page-size to a regular sheet of paper with rubber cement or tape.
- Releasing: The term releasing simply means that some mark is placed on the paper indicating that is now ready for filing.
- Indexing: Indexing means deciding where to file the letter or paper
- Coding: Coding means placing some indication of this decision on the paper
- Sorting: Sorting is rearranging the papers in filing sequence. Sort paper before going to the filing cabinet or shelf.
The benefits of electronic employee document management
- This document management system is the best way to manage and track records of employees. The Documents can be of many kinds of employment contracts, certificates, identity proofs, passport copies, visa copies etc. The users of the system can upload the soft copy or scanned image of a paper copy onto the employee document management software.
- When it comes to accessibility, it is accessible to users from different pcs or even networks through the employee self service portals. Basically, document management software ensures all your HR related data is named, stored, routed, and tracked in one easy-to-access digital system.
- With AttendHRM’s enterprise document management software, you can consign shared network folders, paper trails, and overflowing filing cabinets to history. A few benefits of using AttendHRM Human resource management software for storing employee documents are listed below.
- Convenience and Efficiency: The space savings alone can be significant. Paper-based filing systems take up a lot of room, especially when you factor in the files that must be kept even after an employee leaves. Going paperless can be a sign of an organization’s dedication to sustainable practices.
- Economical: After the initial financial investment for new systems, electronic records cost less to maintain in the long term. This is due to reduced paper and ink usage as well as reduced storage fees and simpler document maintenance.
- Protection from Disasters: There is less risk of electronic files being irreparably damaged—especially since electronic files can be backed up in multiple (virtual) locations.
- Avoid Redundancy: Electronic files can be easily stored together—even when created in different locations. This reduces redundancies and also makes it easier for managers to keep employee files in the same place that HR keeps them, when appropriate.
- Legal Concerns of Electronic Employee Files: From a legal standpoint, there’s actually little concern. As long as necessary documents can be produced and printed when requested and/or required (such as during an audit), there’s typically no reason to keep the originals or use paper when digital means are available.
The tools that can be installed in the workplace or can be shared via the internet. Either way, it will still allow for all employees to provide information about what they need and to be able to receive and share work from other people.
Although this document management system can be accessed from anywhere at any time, the biggest benefit comes from being able to make use of it anytime the workforce is not available.
For example, when a boss and an employee both go on vacation, both can use this system together to keep tabs on what each other does. This system can also allow a supervisor and an employee to communicate and request information about the other.
Employers can find a number of benefits in having employee self service.
- One benefit is that communication with employees is now easy and convenient.
- Another benefit is that employees can handle their own documents and information and will thus have better control over the work process. It also reduces the amount of paperwork that has to be done.
One of the best advantages of an employee self service document management system is that the information and documents can be shared via electronic devices and can be stored on one’s personal computer or online.
This system can also keep an eye on the company’s financial matters. If a department manager or a manager wants to ask an employee about something, then this is made possible through this system. So far, employee self service has proved to be very useful to a lot of companies.
Although employee self service is still in its early stages, it is proving to be very effective. It has proven to be very beneficial for businesses of all sizes. They can make use of this system to make sure that they know about their employees’ duties. The system is especially helpful for those who are on a temporary basis.
One of the first benefits of using an employee self service document management system is that it lets employees know about their responsibilities. By making use of the employee self service system, an employee will be able to know his or her responsibilities and what needs to be done so that he or she can do his or her job well.
The employee self services system is an opportunity for the employee to know about the company and the work being done by the staff
Since the system is easy to use, an employee can also find out the most efficient ways to use the system. He or she can thus easily learn how to take advantage of this system and also be able to apply the knowledge to his or her work. By being aware of the system, employees can do their jobs better and thus get better results from their employer.
Not only is this system good for work efficiency, but it is also very useful for communication and worker retention. With the use of such a system, employees can easily make use of different ways to make sure that they are fully employed and to get better jobs. Employees will be more likely to take part in employee self service if they know what the system is and how it works.
It can be said that the system has made communication between workers easier and more convenient. Effective document management and employee self service are now a reality thanks to this system. A good document management system should be easy to use and adaptable.