AutoCAD is a very in-depth, professional software design software developed by AutoDesk Inc. which can generate sophisticated results. If you want to start this AutoCAD mobile tutorial for beginners and advanced users, you should be able to spare roughly one hour for it.
This AutoCAD mobile tutorial will show you how to use AutoCAD and create your first objects. You can learn AutoCAD in just 4 easy steps. AutoCAD is a powerful tool to create 2D and 3D objects, like architectural floorplans and constructions or engineering projects. It also can generate files for 3D printing.
- If you want to sketch with AutoCAD, you can make use of the Snapping option. To enable Grid Snap, simply press F9 on your keyboard or click on enable “Snap to Drawing Grid” in the bottom right-hand corner. By opening Snap Settings, you can adjust the Drawing Grid as well as the accuracy of Grid Snap.
- By pressing F3 or clicking on Object Snap, you can activate clipping to corners, lines, points, midpoints and many more. Edit the object snapping to your current drawing goals. If you have problems with entering coordinates or sketching, try turning to snap on or off and try not to use Grid and Object snap simultaneously. This tool is useful to draw sketches fast and to prevent holes in your sketch.
AutoCAD Mobile Tutorial on How to Draw a Line
- To create your first sketch, select Top View with the compass. Disable Grid Snap by pressing F9. Now type “line” and press Enter. This will enable the Line command. With AutoCAD, you can simply type in the first letters of any command.
- AutoCAD will autocomplete or show any available commands. When you have entered the line command, it asks you to specify the first point. You can now either select a random point in your DrawSpace or enter the coordinates.
- Enter 0 for X-Coordinate, change to Y-Coordinate by pressing Tab, enter 0 as well and confirm your coordinates by pressing Enter. You have now selected the centre of the coordinate system as Start. You can move your mouse to the positive side of the X-Axis.
- You can now see how the coordinate input changed to Polar coordinates. Enter 25 for the length of the line by pressing Tab you can switch to the angular input. Try sketching a square for starting. When you have returned to the centre, press Escape to end the line command.
Selecting Object in AutoCAD
- To select objects, you can click on them. Unselect by holding down the “Shift” key and clicking again. Select multiple objects by left-clicking and moving from left to right. This will select all objects fully enclosed within the blue rectangle.
- When you drag from right to left, you will select all objects touched by the green rectangle. Click again to confirm the selection. Clicking and holding the left mouse button will enable the lasso, which lets you select a random shape.
- AutoCAD offers simpler ways to draw a square or rectangle. Select your entire rectangle by marking it. Click on the far outside of your rectangle once. This will enable a rectangular selection. If you click and hold you can lasso around the entity, you want to select. Press the Delete button on your keyboard or type “Delete” to remove the selected lines.
- In the upper toolbar, you can find all the drawing tools. You can either type in the command or click on the tool you want to use in the next steps. Coordinates, values, and angles are separated by a dash like so: X/Y/Angle°. You do not need to set ° to an angle when entering it in AutoCAD.
How to Draw Basic Shape, Edit Sketches, and Draw Circle with Object Snap Enable
- For this AutoCAD tutorial, type in “Rectangle” and press Enter to initiate the command. Start at the CenterPoint and end at 10/50.
- Start a circle at 0/47.5 and confirm by pressing enter. Set the radius to 8. If you made a mistake, simply double-click on the sketch you want to edit. In the popped-up window edit the values.
- Start the centre ellipse at 0/30. Set the major radius parallel to the X-Axis to 70 and set the minor radius to 30.
- To draw a circle with object snap enable, press F3 and guide the radius of the circle parallel to the Y-Axis until you intersect with the ellipse. Click when you see a green Cross.
- Draw a line starting at 10/55, you might want to turn off Object Snap, so the starting point will not get caught at the corner of the rectangle. When you have placed the starting point turn, on Object Snap with the “Tangent” option enabled.
- Draw a line at a 65° angle until it snaps with the second circle. Start a second line at the top right corner of the rectangle. Enable “Nearest” in Object Snap option draw a line in a 130° angle, snapping to the first circle.
How to Model a 3D Objects
This is probably the most interesting part of this AutoCAD tutorial for beginners – we’re nearing 3D designing. When working in 3D, you should remember, that drawing in AutoCAD is only possible on the XY-Plane. If you want to change the direction to draw or plot your 3D object, you must redefine the coordinate system.
Draw a random circle in your DrawSpace while being in Top view. Now enter Front view and type “UCS”. This will allow you to set a new coordinate system. Type in “V” to set your current view as the new coordinate system.
Draw a second circle concentric with the first one. Now rotate the model by holding Shift and the mouse wheel, and you will see the 3D alignment of both circles.
- You can build predefined 3D Objects with AutoCAD like Cubes, Cylinders, Balls or Pyramids on the current plane you are drawing on or onto an objects face, edge or corner. Set you coordinate system back to the world by using the UCS command and then typing in “w.”
- Switch to the isometric view and type in “Cylinder.” Draw the base of the cylinder as you like and click when it has the desired radius. Now extrude the cylinder by moving your mouse upwards. You can enter a value for the height as well. Confirm by pressing enter. You can draw other basic shapes just as easy.
- You can also extrude your sketches with the Extrude feature. Draw a Polygon and set the number of edges to 8. Then chose CenterPoint as the centre, and choose between Circumscribed or Inscribed within a circle. Finish the Polygon and type in “Extrude.” Select the Polygon as a base.
- Type in “Mode” followed by “Solid” to create a solid 3D Object. Then set the height of the object. You can change the height by double-clicking the object. You can visit the all 3DP to learn more about the 2018 AutoCAD Tutorial.
Complete AutoCAD Mobile Tutorial App
Download the mobile App that covers AutoCAD tutorial from beginner to advanced techniques which makes you an expert in AutoCAD. This app is very useful for engineering students, architectures, draftsmen and engineers. The App covers:
- Basic of AutoCAD
- How to use rafting tools
- Organizing objects with blocks & Groups
- Layers & blocks
- Editing & reusing
- Viewing tools, hatches & external references
- Printing, plotting & layouts
- Adding text
- Fields & tables
- Dimensions & many more
When next you visiting, you will be reading about the AutoCAD LT, the lower-cost version of AutoCAD, with reduced capabilities. Autodesk developed AutoCAD LT to have an entry-level CAD package to compete in the lower price level.
It was sold directly by Autodesk and in computer stores unlike the full version of AutoCAD, which must be purchased from official Autodesk dealers.
515 total views, 1 views today
- The Pros and Cons of Business Setup in Dubai - May 8, 2021
- How to Get More Instagram Followers Legitimately - May 7, 2021
- 5 Mistakes Web Developers Should Avoid When Using Laravel - May 6, 2021