An automated external defibrillator (AED) is basically a small, portable, battery-powered device that automatically diagnoses and delivers the first and most important treatment to patients suffering from ventricular fibrillation or pulseless ventricle. In other words, it is the main treatment in case of an emergency.
However, automated external defibrillator does have their own share of challenges to overcome so that they can successfully deliver this treatment to a patient. It is unfortunate but true that many of the devices used in the delivery of external defibrillators are not completely reliable. Some devices are unreliable because of the quality of their batteries.
This means that they may not deliver the required treatment even when used in a very stressful situation. Another problem with faulty batteries is that it takes a long time before they can be replaced. Also, you will find that some devices will not work during low voltage conditions.
The best part about technology is that Automated External Defibrillator is portable
You can take an automated external defibrillator with you
- in the car
- in a plane
- at the office
- at the railway station
- even at home
However, many doctors do not use the latest devices available. It is not only expensive but they need to be updated regularly to be able to provide better results and to give better care to their patients. So, the doctors who are used to using outdated devices might be less likely to recommend these latest devices.
Many people are not familiar with the types of devices that are available in the market. If they know about the different types of devices that are available, they would be able to identify if they should use one or not. In addition, they would be able to judge the benefits of these devices.
Those who do not know what kind of device they should use can refer to the manufacturers’ information sheet for more information. However, if they are not very familiar with the details of the product, they can call the manufacturer directly and ask questions. They should also check with their doctors before using the product.
When would an automated external defibrillator be attached to a person
The automated external defibrillator can be used to revive a person from sudden cardiac arrest in young adults. This usually occurs when a disruption in the heart’s electrical activity causes ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation. If you are having someone experiencing irregular heart rhythms, or personally, your heart doesn’t pump effectively and may even stop.
Once this happens, the brain and other vital organs will not get the blood and oxygen they need, and you can even die if you don’t get treatment within minutes. The sooner the heart’s normal rhythm is restored, the greater the chance the person won’t have permanent damage to the brain and other organs.
How to use an automated external defibrillator
- Check to see if the person is breathing and has a pulse.
- If you cannot feel a pulse and the person is not breathing, call for emergency help. If there are other people present, one person should call 911 while the other prepares the automated external defibrillator. If you’re alone, call 911 or emergency services first to make sure help is on the way.
- Turn on the automated external defibrillator. The automated external defibrillator will give you step-by-step voice instructions explaining how to check for breathing and a pulse and how to position electrode pads on the person’s chest.
- Deliver the shock. When the pads are in place, the automated external defibrillator automatically measures the person’s heart rhythm and determines if a shock is needed. If it is, the machine tells the user to stand back and push a button to deliver the shock. The automated external defibrillator is programmed not to deliver a shock if a shock isn’t needed.
- Administer CPR. Start CPR after the shock is delivered if CPR is still needed. The automated external defibrillator will also guide users through CPR. The process can be repeated as needed until emergency crews take over.
The home automated external defibrillator comes with an instructional training video that shows how to use and maintain the device. If you buy an automated external defibrillator, everyone in your home should watch the video and review it periodically. Continue reading
Internet is another source where people can buy Automated External Defibrillator
This means that they could visit websites, look at pictures and read about the different types of automated external defibrillator prices and then decide what they want to buy. The companies selling these products may have their websites as well.
This means that they would be able to answer any questions that they might have or provide them with information about the products that are available in the market. If they are not comfortable buying them online source, they could purchase the automated external defibrillator from the manufacturer.
However, this would be expensive. If you are on a tight budget, it is better to visit the manufacturer directly. They may even allow you to try the product out before purchasing the device. Once you have found the right company, they will send the device to your house.
It is important to note that the company has to ship the item to your address and you will have to pay for this shipping. However, there are some companies that charge a small fee if you have to arrange for delivery. Different companies might also charge different amounts depending on the time that it takes to deliver the device.
Some companies would also include their shipping charges in the price. If the package needs to be delivered within one week, they may charge you an additional fee. Cost should not be the deciding factor when choosing the right product.
Rather, it should be the convenience and benefits. that you get. In general, the more features the product has, the more expensive it is. However, some of the features that are usually included in more expensive products include those that allow you to monitor your heart rate. This could help you monitor your blood pressure or other vital signs.
139 total views, 1 views today
- Health Blogging Ideas to Earn Money From Home - Sep 19, 2021
- Watch Rhinoplasty Surgery Videos: Nose Reshaping - Sep 19, 2021
- Used Office Furniture For Sale in Dubai for Small Office - Sep 19, 2021