Are Invisalign Braces Good – The Pros and Cons
Crowded or crooked teeth can be embarrassing, and people with this issue are usually seeking ways to change their teeth structure. Although there are many orthodontic treatments for this, Invisalign braces stand out as one of the most preferred choices.
Invisalign braces are a set of hard and transparent plastic aligners, that is specifically made to fit your mouth. Due to its transparency, adults and teens are more inclined to select Invisalign for their orthodontics treatment. Before making a decision, it is important to know the pros and cons of getting Invisalign braces in London.
Pros of Invisalign Braces
The advantages Invisalign provides are numerous. They include:
- Comfort: Invisalign braces are made out of plastic that is comfortable and easy to wear. You don’t have to worry about wires or brackets or possible cuts inside your mouth. The plastic is smooth and has no sharp ends.
- Enhanced Attractiveness: Invisalign is more subtle than metal braces, and they enhance the appearance of your teeth, making you look more attractive. You can confidently flash a smile and go about your social engagements without any worries. This is a major reason, adults and teenagers lean towards this treatment above others.
- Convenience: Invisalign helps to straighten misaligned teeth and does so with minimal discomfort and intrusion into your daily activities. It also saves you from dealing with the hassle of metal braces.
- Removable: Another wonderful benefit of Invisalign is that it can be removed. Before you eat, brush or floss, you can remove your Invisalign aligners for convenience and easy access. This makes it possible for you to eat whichever food you want, improves oral hygiene, and reduces your chances of developing gum disease. As a result, you do not have to worry about food particles getting stuck in your aligners. This is something that can’t be done with braces and other orthodontics treatment.
- Minimal maintenance; Invisalign aligners can easily be maintained by cleaning them with a toothbrush dipped in a mixture of bleach and water when they get stained or untidy.
Cons of Invisalign Braces
There are a few disadvantages to wearing Invisalign aligners, and they include:
- High Cost: Invisalign aligners do not come cheap. They are quite expensive and cannot be covered by insurance. The average price of Invisalign ranges from about £1500 – £5500. This means that you may need to reconsider getting Invisalign treatment if you are on a fixed budget or low on cash.
- Attachments: There are several attachments that go with Invisalign aligners to ensure that they are firmly fit. These attachments are called enamel ridges, and they have a similar function to brace brackets. They are used to attach the aligners firmly to your teeth and ensure that your teeth are being shifted to the right position for your treatment. The downside of these attachments is that they make the Invisalign aligners more prominent, making it look like you are wearing braces.
- Aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours each day: The stipulated minimum number of hours you must wear your Invisalign in a day is 22 hours. You are only supposed to remove them when you want to eat, brush or floss. For the rest of the day, whether at a romantic dinner or a party, you’ve got to have them on.
- Tooth Discomfort: Invisalign aligners can be uncomfortable and even a little painful the first time you try them on. The pain or pressure arises from the fact that your teeth aren’t used to the invisible braces London and is trying to adjust to them. You can use a pain-relieving medication to help ease the pain and discomfort.
- Inconvenience: Invisalign braces can sometimes be inconvenient. You need to remove them whenever you want to eat, and this can be awkward if you’re eating outside or on a date. Plus, you are required after each meal to brush your teeth before wearing your Invisalign aligners back. As a result, you can find yourself brushing many times in a single day, and that can be really burdensome.
Invisalign aligners, just like any other treatment, have their pros and cons. As such, you will need to consider both before making a decision. An experienced orthodontist can guide you in selecting the most suitable option for straightening your teeth. If you are in search of one, visit us at London Braces to book an appointment today.
372 total views, 1 views today