If the PST file size exceeds the maximum file size limit, it may push you into unfavourable data loss situations and broken data items. The more size of PST grows, the more it worries Outlook users. So, to maintain the size of the Outlook PST file and monitor your process from running out of space, you need to follow some methods.
This far-reaching guide will tell you some smart strategies to split a PST file. Moving further first you should know why to split the large-sized file.
Why It Is Better To Split A PST File in Chunks?
● The performance and speed of MS Outlook start to slow down due to the huge size of the PST file size.
● If the file is out of space or is left with very limited storage space, users are denied saving data items to the PST files.
● A large PST file is inaccessible to users when it exceeds its permissible limit.
● To avoid data loss.
Three different techniques allow us to split the file in Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 PST into smaller PST files. Let us see different ways to split large PST files
How to split PST file in Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 manually by Import/Export Process
- On your Windows operating system, Start Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on File >> Account Setting >> Select Account Setting in the navigation bar.
- You will see a dialogue box open ups next, select Data Files Tab and then hit the Add Button.
- Select Outlook Data File(.PST) next and hit OK option to create a new PST file.
- Within the Data files tab, you can easily view a newly created Outlook data file.
- Import/export the data from the existing file to the newly created Outlook PST file.
- Click on File then select Import for the same. Then you will see the Import/Export wizard appears.
- From there, select the Export option and then hit on Next button
- Choose Outlook data file and again click on Next button.
- In the next step, you have to select desired folder items to export. If you also want to pick a subfolder, you should check the choice include subfolder.
- Then pick the location for exporting the selected data where you have the newly created PST file.
- Click the Finish button. Now you’ve successfully split the large-sized file. Read Manual Steps for Configuring Office 365 in Outlook 2016
In this way, to split file, you should import or export Outlook data. This approach extends to all versions of Outlook. Follow the steps below to specifically break the file of Outlook folder.
Managing Large PST Files by Move to Folder option
You can also use the Move to Folder option to break large-scale PST files. Follow the step-by-step procedure
- Launch Outlook.
- Click on File tab >> click on Account Settings
3. Hit Data Files option next and to add a new PST file click on the Add button.
4. Then go to Home and open the default PST file of your Outlook profile and choose the items that you want to move to a new file you have already created in Step 3. 5. Hit Move button from the ribbon and choose Copy to Folder option.
6. All the selected data items from the default file can be moved to the new one by selecting PST Files.
7. Now, at last, you can delete the copied items from the default PST file to reduce the size of the File.
Split the large-sized PST files using Archive Wizard
- Start MS Outlook first then open File >> Info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items.
- Select an Archive directory, select an Archive date for older items and click Browse to save the Archive file to the location you need.
Using this method, you can reduce the size of the PST file and save older data items one by one inside Outlook to the desired location and use them if needed.
Use Split PST Utility to quickly break the large PST files
All manual methods for breaking up large PST files are cost-free, but they involve some serious disadvantages that may cause users to think twice before using them.
● So, we recommended users to go with an alternate trustworthy utility i.e Split PST Software. As it safely split the large PST files and also works very fast. You can split large PST files of unlimited size quickly. Split PST files based on dates, emails as well.
As described above, there are several techniques in MS Outlook for splitting oversized files about to reach maximum storage size limits. Therefore, we listed both manual and automated techniques for your comfort and convenience to split large PST files into smaller parts.
As you can see, manual methods are not specific methods of splitting PST chunks because of many disadvantages. So, the Split PST Software is the only way to split PST file without any blunder or hurdle. Read: How To Export Lotus Notes Domino DLX To PST Format
369 total views, 1 views today
- How to Invest in Property: A Beginner’s Guide - Jul 29, 2021
- 5 ReactJS Security Vulnerabilities – How to Fix Them - Jul 29, 2021
- 6 Best Remote Work Ideas to Make Money Remotely - Jul 29, 2021