WordPress site migration is transferring a WordPress install from one server to another without affecting the installation’s functionality. We all love the most valuable content on our website: blogs, recipes, a company portfolio, and our eCommerce site.
No one will like to lose their unique set of information. But as we all know, today’s world is uncertain. We have hackers watching for random websites and looking for gaps in a website code where they can fit in their bugs and malicious content.
We know how lousy WordPress plugin updates could do to a website and break things apart in seconds. There are several reasons why WordPress site migration is essential, such as:
- Suppose you are moving your website to a better hosting provider. In this context, better could mean anything – for example, lower prices or faster loading times.
- If you are pushing a local WordPress site to a live server.
- Moving a WordPress site from a subdomain to the leading directory.
You sometimes want to move your site content back and forth while keeping your staging and live site in sync. There is a huge need for a backup and restore the system in all such scenarios.
The backup options used for WordPress are either too expensive or bring a significant load on your server. Not all of us can afford costly hosting backups, security plans, or high-paying plugins that don’t give a 100% guarantee.
If you fall into any of these categories and have put off migrating your WordPress site because the process sounds complicated, we’re here to show you otherwise!
Let’s take a look at the best WordPress site migration plugins available.
Migrate Guru is the fastest way to migrate WordPress sites. It simplifies complex WordPress site migrations (e.g., multisite networks, 200 GB sites, etc.). Powered by BlogVault (an onboarding partner of top WordPress hosts worldwide), Migrate Guru uses intelligent processes on its servers.
So there is ZERO risk to your WP sites. The WordPress site migration plugin will automatically rewrite your URLs, bypasses import-export scripts, and handles serialized data. It also can clone websites without any manual work, add-ons, or additional tools.
Why Choose Migrate GURU WordPress site migration plugin?
- Migrate your WordPress site with 0% data loss
- Take backups and restore them in seconds
- Automatically replace your source site URL with the destination one
- Migrate your WordPress site as it is with no breaks in code
- Migrate a WordPress site as large as 200 GB
- No overload or break on your server, so your site won’t go down during Migration
- Easy to use with one-click migration support
- It supports the most popular hosting providers
Is this WordPress site migration plugin right for you?
The WordPress site migration plugin is for everyone whose hosting plan does not support regular website backups or Migration.
If you need to migrate your WordPress site across multiple hosting instantly or if you feel like you want to keep a good grip on your data at a price starting from $89 a year only. However, if you don’t prefer backups, you can use this plugin only for Migration for Free.
Steps for WordPress Site Migration
- Log in to WordPress admin and Check the plugins section. In the plugins section, click on Add new. Search for Migration Guru.
- Once installed, check the sidebar, where you can locate Migrate Guru WordPress plugin as a menu item.
- When you click on that, you may find a simple signup box where you need to add your email address, which you would like to get notified once your website migration is complete. You may also need to agree to the Terms and conditions.
- This part is your choice, as you need to choose which hosting provider you are currently using, and you will need to fill out details accordingly.
- It is essential to this process, where you may need to add the following credentials.
The FTP details are associated with the hosting information of your destination site, not the source website.
Host IP/Host Name
The destination site’s Hostname or Host IP address is required. You may find it in the CPanel or your hosting dashboard. You may also need the FTP or SFTP username and password. Ftp is a File Transfer Protocol that is a way to manage files hosted on your server that can work remotely from anywhere.
- Use Filezilla Client to test your FTP login and website directory. Once you found out the login directory and files within the same, you are ready. It would be best if you used those credentials on this screen. Also, ensure that you add the Source website’s Admin area’s login details below in the source website’s settings.
- Don’t be afraid to check and switch over these details back and forth, as it may be a possibility that your FTP may not connect on the first attempt. It would be great to install the WordPress site migration plugin on both source and destination sites.
- Once you add these details, the Migrate Guru WP plugin will validate all your login credentials and check if all certificates are valid. Once you finish the validation, you are good to go.
- So sit back and keep calm, let it do its work, and once done, they will notify you on your Email Address. You may also get an on-screen notification to check to get notified after the Migration. You would be getting all the URLs replaced by themselves—no need to do anything else, as you are good to go.
The last thing is, in the case of an eCommerce website, please check you change the website URL wherever you have signed up for your payment merchant to receive money from the new URL instead of the old one.
All-in-One WP Migration
The WordPress site migration plugin was introduced in 2013 and used by over 60 million WordPress websites; All-in-One WP Migration is verifiably one of WordPress’ most trusted and utilized plugins for moving WordPress websites with absolute ease.
Intently built with the non-technical user in mind, All-in-One WP Migration comes loaded with newbie-friendly functions that allow you to migrate your WordPress website with little to no technical knowledge or experience.
How to Install the WordPress Site Migration Plugin
Follow these three simple steps, and your site will be live at its new location with minimal stress and zero downtime!
- Install the All-in-One WP Migration plugin.
- Hit the export button to bundle your database, media files, plugins, and themes into one tidy file.
- Unpack the file at the new location with an easy-to-use “drag and drop” feature in the WordPress dashboard of your new website.
One feature that makes All-in-One WP Migration widely loved (to the tune of over 6,000 5-star user reviews) is that the technical requirements for installing the WordPress site migration plugin are simple.
All-in-One WP Migration has been extensively tested and confirmed to be compatible with most WordPress plugins and themes. It means you don’t get to experience cross-plugin compatibility issues that can slow down, bug, or break down your WordPress website when you install and use All-in-One WP Migration.
All-in-One WP Migration has partnered with multiple theme/plugin vendors to distribute their themes/plugins with us as a single, easy-to-use, easy-to-install package.
WP Migrate DB
WP Migrate DB is a WordPress site migration plugin specifically designed to simplify a website database export and Migration. It lets users export their WordPress site database into an SQL file, which they can import into the new server via phpMyAdmin.
WP Migrate DB is a very simple-to-use WordPress site migration plugin. You can export your website database as SQL to your local server. You can then import it back to a live site after Migration. The WordPress site migration plugin replaces the file path and URLs and supports serialized data and arrays. It reduces the risk of data corruption.
WP Migrate DB Features
- WP Migrate DB Pro offers several add-ons for you to have a customized migration
- With the Multisite add-on, you can migrate entire multisite networks in one go
- You can also choose the media files you want to migrate using the Media Files add-on in WP MigrateDB Pro.
The pro features in WP Migrate are the perfect accompaniment to any WordPress developer’s toolbox. Here’s what you get when you upgrade:
- Priority email support
- Push and pull databases from one environment to the other
- Push and pull media libraries from one site to another
- Push and pull theme and plugin files from one site to another
- Advanced multisite features like pushing a subsite to a single site install.
- Command-line support (Use WP-CLI with WP Migrate)
- Back up your data before starting the migration.
- Targeted WordPress database migration. Select which tables to migrate and exclude post types from migrations.
With the WP Migrate DB Pro, you can transfer theme and plugin files between two WordPress websites without needing FTP access. You can move an entire WordPress site quickly and easily. Take the time spent migrating a website from hours upon hours to minutes.
Backup Guard WordPress Site Migration Plugin
Backup Guard is another WordPress backup plugin that provides WordPress cloud backup and Migration. It features a clean interface and user-friendly navigation. The free WordPress site migration plugin allows users to store their site backups in the cloud. Backup Guard also supports scheduled automatic backups and has a security scanner for WordPress websites.
Backup Guard Features
- Backup WordPress site – backup site as many times as you want
- Backup files, database or both
- Choose which folders to backup
- Choose which database tables to backup
- Restore site – restore backups whenever needed
- Selective files or database restoration
- Download backups – download your backups on your computer
- Import backups – upload your backups to restore (no FTP required)
- Multisite WordPress Network is supported
- Backup cancellation – cancel the backup process
- Explore backup or restore log files
- Ability to specify custom exclude paths
- Ability to exclude database tables
- Live progress – precise progress of the current backup or restore
- Upload to Dropbox
- Scheduled site backups – setup automatic site backups
Backup Guard Pro provides server migrations, local server-to-live server migration, and from one domain to another. The backup Guard WordPress site migration plugin free version will help you migrate your website in case there is no change in the domain or the Database prefix.
If there is any change in the domain or the DB prefix, Backup Guard Pro will be of use. Backup Guard Pro helps you to migrate in all of the above-mentioned three cases in the smoothest possible way. You just have to back up your site and Restore it in the new location.
No additional work will be required since the WordPress site migration plugin handle all changes for you. The issues that users always deal with are:
- Wrong site URL
- Images not loading
- Dashboard not being accessible
- Permalinks not working and more.
The backup Guard WordPress site migration plugin will help you to skip all these problems because of its advanced refactoring and migrating engine.
If you are looking for the best WordPress site migration plugin to move your website
- You need to look for the best plugin that will quickly move your WordPress site’s database, files, plugins, and theme.
- You also need to reduce downtime so your users don’t see a broken website
- You need to preserve your website’s SEO rankings.
To ensure that all these things go smoothly, you’ll need a WordPress site migration plugin to manage the transfer efficiently.
1,104 total views, 1 views today
- 7 Ways Car Accident Can Affect Your Finances - 04/12/2022
- How Sports Betting Business Owners Made Millions - 03/12/2022
- 8 Best SEO Link-Building Strategy for New Websites - 03/12/2022