eCommerce Platforms: Which to choose? the 4 best compared
If you have decided to take the path of eCommerce by creating eCommerce platforms, there are some important aspects you need to think about with your trusted web professional:
• Creating eCommerce sites does not only mean developing it and making it available online. It also and above all means to manage it on a daily basis by updating the catalogue, managing the stock and the quantities in stock, maintaining ongoing relationships with customers and suppliers
• What are your technical skills? These skills are lower and the management part of your eCommerce must be simple and intuitive
• If the loading times of the different pages are too long, users will lose patience and look for other online stores
• Customers will communicate personal data and payment information and will not be encouraged to do so unless you can guarantee an adequate level of protection and security
For these and other aspects, it is important to choose the most suitable tool to create your eCommerce platforms. The objective of this article is to briefly present the main e-commerce platforms you could use Corporate Video Production Dubai.
Looking for something free and open source?
Choose Prestashop eCommerce platforms
Prestashop eCommerce platforms is an open-source and free e-commerce CMS, easy to use and with graphic customizations that allow it to satisfy all needs. Its intuitive interface allows you to manage the product catalogue (allows you to sell both physical products and virtual products, such as images and programs), orders, warehouse (stock), promotions, payment methods and shipping couriers.
Not only that, it allows you to generate detailed reports to control sales and visitor interactions. In addition to the part of the online store, it offers numerous features of CMS for the management of traditional pages, around the store. Finally, it supports SEO via Meta tags.
• Simplicity: it has an intuitive and user-friendly interface
• Customization: thanks to the online store it is possible to customize your eCommerce platforms, thanks to numerous free or paid plugins (from the graphic theme to the functionalities)
• Easy to install and ready to use: at the end of the installation you have a fully functional e-store, where you simply need to perform the main configurations
• Multi-language and multi-currency support: over 40 languages available and all major world currencies
• Open source: constantly updated, you can count on the support of the large development community
The only flaw of PrestaShop is the performance of the administration panel: although the public interface is fast, the back-office is a slower moment.
To whom is it suitable?
Ideal for those who want to start selling online on a catalogue of products that are not too large, without spending too much.
Do you already have a site in WordPress?
Choose the Woo-commerce plugin
It is a free plugin for WordPress: To install you must firstly download and install WordPress, and later, enable and configure the Woo-Commerce plugin, like any other plugin for WordPress.
The store configuration is very simple and can be done, if desired, using a quick-setup wizard organized in successive steps. Compared to other eCommerce, it allows you to manage two particular product types in the catalogue:
• Grouped product: it is a container of single products. With no price of its own, the final price is calculated by adding up the prices of the individual products that make it up
• Affiliate product: useful for promoting products that can be purchased on external sites. Customers choose products from your site, from your selection, and are then redirected to the affiliate’s site when the actual purchase is made.
Regarding CMS and SEO, being integrated into the WordPress platform it natively exploits all the CMS and SEO features of this platform.
Certainly among the strengths, we include the complete integration with WordPress; it is, therefore, the best way to create an eCommerce if you are familiar with this platform.
• SEO: without specific plugins, the SEO functionalities remain those made available by the WordPress platform, which are almost never enough to manage the SEO on an eCommerce
• Support: the documentation on the site is a good starting point, but often it is necessary to do some research on the engines to get complete information and solve the problems
• Double installation: due to its plug-in nature, a double installation is required
To whom is it suitable?
It is recommended if you are familiar with WordPress and eCommerce in general. However, the higher complexity is rewarded with the possibility of creating a complete and stable store even on a wider product catalogue.
If you are looking for a complete eCommerce CMS,
Choose Magento eCommerce platforms (but it is complex and expensive)
Magento is an open-source CMS for the creation of eCommerce sites in B2B and B2C. It’s free, download it and install it costs nothing but looks like a complete and complex product that requires a hosting plan on a dedicated CMS server: this requires a professional for installation and a periodic investment for the server. The features offered are all those of a complete eCommerce CMS.
• Being open-source and free, you can modify the source code to extend the basic functionality. You can also opt for the installation of extensions already developed by others
• it is strongly SEO-oriented: compared to the competition it has powerful features aimed at positioning its store on the web
• it has a stable, solid and scalable architecture
It is a complex and expensive product, oriented to large companies with specialized staff and a decent budget for the installation of the server that must host the CMS. It is therefore not recommended for freelance professionals with a VAT number and small companies.
To whom is it suitable?
It’s the perfect solution if you have a medium / large company that wants to create a complete and complex eCommerce, reliable, secure and scalable and has economic resources to invest in hosting and development. For simpler eCommerce, it is better to use another platform.
Shopify: no software to install and you also have apps
Shopify eCommerce platforms is a SaaS CMS (software ad a Service) related to iOS and Android applications. It is very intuitive.
No software installation is required: just create an account on the platform, choose a subscription plan, and enter the required information about the type of store you want to open, select a graphic theme and configure your store. Everything else will be managed by Shopify.
• Being in the cloud it is operational and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and requires no updates (they are made centrally by the team that maintains it)
• It is accessible not only from the web but also via a native mobile application
• The front-end is simple and affordable for everyone. Not, for this reason, it turns out to be unprofessional, indeed, far from it
• You can count on a myriad of plugins developed by third parties, all certified by the company that develops and maintains Shopify.
• It’s not a free product, but you need to pay a monthly fee, as well as a small percentage on each sale
• It is not customizable except through plugins. But if a feature is not available, there is no way to change the code.
To whom is it suitable?
Recommended if you foresee a certain sales volume, such as to be able to cover the costs of the monthly fee and the percentages applied. If you are looking for a solution that does not require initial installation or periodic maintenance but offers scalability and stability, Shopify is definitely for you.
https://www.akinpedia.com/2019/11/10/ecommerce-platforms-which-to-choose-the-4-best-compared/https://i0.wp.com/www.akinpedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/eCommerce-Platforms.png?fit=650%2C350&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/www.akinpedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/eCommerce-Platforms.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1How ToBusiness Management Software,Digital Marketing,eCommerce Website,Investment,Mobile App,Mobile Application,Software,WordPress