Email clients like Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage, Netscape, Pocomail, use MBOX file format and the list goes on. The main purpose of this MBOX mailbox is to store emails, files attached, calendars, contacts, etc. There are a number of situations where the user must import MBOX file into Outlook.
You will get to know everything about migrating MBOX to Outlook in this guide. Specifically, this can not be done to think about converting MBOX to PST. We need some proper ways to import the MBOX file into Outlook. You need to be curious to find out why just follow the reasons below.
Why is PST better in file format than MBOX?
- MBOX format only supports email posts. However, the PST format supports multiple formats such as emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, notes, etc.
- PST format is very advanced for the systematic storage of the mailbox data. But, because all emails are saved sequentially, the MBOX format is very easy and simple to use.
- Connectivity may be exchanged through MS Outlook. With Outlook, work can be done in offline mode.
- Outlook provides more control for users and also provides advanced security features.
How Export MBOX file into Outlook
Configure Thunderbird with Gmail Account-
● Firstly configure your Thunderbird mail with Gmail Account.
● Then open Thunderbird on Mozilla. Go to Accounts option > > Create a New Account > > Select Email.
● Select and click Skip this, and use an email address.
● Enter your name, Password Email Address & > > Continue Setup Window on Mail Account.
● Choose IMAP.
● Click on the Done.
● The next step is to drag emails from Inbox, Drafts, etc. to Gmail from your Thunderbird MBOX.
● All emails from MBOX have been shifted to Gmail. Read Also: How to Secure Yahoo Email Account
Configure Gmail in Outlook 2016 & 2013-
To import in outlook 2016 & 2013 follow below steps.
● Navigate the tab File first, and then click File tab>>Add account.
● Then all info will appear in the box on the computer & click Next.
● After successfully completing the Import MBOX into Outlook process.
Save emails of MBOX as EML Files
● Open the MBOX email client, initially. Then right-click a folder, and hit the option New Folder.
● Enter a name in the new folder, and hit on Create Folder.
● Select all the EML messages you would like to import and move them to a newly created folder.
● You will see that the archive includes all of the addresses.
● Select all emails, and select the option Save. All the selected emails will then save to any desired location in EML format.
Drag and Drop EML Files.
First, open where saved EML files are located. Then, choose all the emails and drag and drop them to any Outlook folder.
Export to PST
● Visit File > Export & Open > Import / Export.
● Pick Export to a file, then click the Import / Export wizard First.
● Then select the Data File in Outlook (.PST). Score Next.
● Next, go to the folder where you save EML files, and hit Next.
Add a path to the new PST file, select a particular option and hit Finish to complete the process.
● Assign your newly created PST File password.
● It generates a PST file in a new location.
To import MBOX file into Outlook we discussed various manual solutions for the user’s migration problem. In order to solve your problem effectively, you may opt for any of the above-mentioned steps according to your choice.
Many Email clients’ uses MBOX file format. So this software supports all the file formats of MBOX files created by different Email Clients. The multiple email clients which create MBOX files are Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Postbox, Powermail, Poco Mail, Netscape, Spicebird, Evolution, Seamonkey, Eudora, and many more.
389 total views, 1 views today
- Registry Cleaners: Common Mistakes PC Users Must Avoid - Feb 20, 2021
- Best Remote Job Options During Covid-19 Pandemic - Feb 19, 2021
- Practical Marketing Ideas to Promote Small Business - Feb 16, 2021